N300+ gas gauge using ECU input??

SidewayzSkyvia

Got an idea, did a little searching and haven't come up with anything solid.

So my question is, would it be possible to use a spare input on a z32 g4+ plug in to read resistance from a fuel level sender? I think it would be cool to be able to set it up and be able to read gas level over a can display. As I'm planning on removing factory gauges and just using a can display. 

Thanks for any and all input. 

Awesome. That's what I was thinking but needed a sanity check to make sure it would work. I just measured my car and the gauge sends a 7 volt reference. So I'm sure a 5 volt would work. And I have the resistance values saved somewhere so I'm gonna give this a try. Thanks for confirming my idea. 

There is a test procedure in the service manual that states the readings required. It looks somewhat 3 position like (empty/half/full). I have also seen posts stating that using the factory sender is troublesome, as the float moves around with sloshing. Somehow the factory circuit dampens this.

Worth a try though. Worst case, there are plenty of aftermarket level sender kits you could use. In the end, I left the fuel gauge and the temp gauge working, and removed the tacho and speedo for a screen.