Calibration for Haltech fluid temp

EvilEvolution8

Hello Guys,

I have two type of fluid temp by haltech : HT-010306 and HT-010304.

In the datasheet haltech provide the calibration in Volts...not Ohms...I can use these data into G4+ ?

The datasheet provides a pinout too...but I think that in the 2-pin temp sensor the pinout is not relevant right ?

Thanks

Temperature sensors tend to have a non linear (logarithmic) response, and 4,5,6 are linear calibrations. 

Also, the voltage output is dependant on the pull up resistor used so try and find out what pull up the Haltec is specifying..  On an Atom and Monsoon, this will be 1k Ohm, on the higher ECUs the pull-up is selectable.

HTH,

Richard.

Haltech in their ecu use 1k pull-up fixed.

Is a little limitation...haltech HT-010306 is a linear fluid temp sensor (3v = -30°C, 4.1v = 150°C)...now i have to use one of Cal 7-8-9-10 insted one of Cal 4-5-6.

Is not a problem...but is a little limitation...i think should bel correct have the possibility to do this.

11 hours ago, EvilEvolution8 said:

Is a little limitation...haltech HT-010306 is a linear fluid temp sensor (3v = -30°C, 4.1v = 150°C)...now i have to use one of Cal 7-8-9-10 insted one of Cal 4-5-6.

Is not a problem...but is a little limitation...i think should bel correct have the possibility to do this.

The reason we havent allowed linear calibrations on the temp inputs is because resistance based sensors usually arent linear.  This is the first time I have heard of a linear temp sensor.  That calibration looks really odd with only a 1.1V range?

For the HT-010304 coolant temp sensor that matches the link/Delphi calibration so just set that to "Link NTC1-8 & IAT 1-8"

On 11/14/2018 at 4:33 AM, Adamw said:

The reason we havent allowed linear calibrations on the temp inputs is because resistance based sensors usually arent linear.  This is the first time I have heard of a linear temp sensor.  That calibration looks really odd with only a 1.1V range?

For the HT-010304 coolant temp sensor that matches the link/Delphi calibration so just set that to "Link NTC1-8 & IAT 1-8"

Yes Adam...resistance based temp sensor usally arent linear....and the calibration of HT-010306 is really weird :)

• 1 year later...