E-Throttle Module

UnicornGarage

11 hours ago, UnicornGarage said:

It was a new product released recently.  Being a Dealer I was surprised I wasn't notified before the public.  To better serve my clients

https://www.linkecu.com/2018/06/07/link-ecu-e-throttle-module/

UnicornGarage, I know what you mean.  Im a dealer as well and had no idea that they were re-releasing the ethrottle modules.  

Its really not new, they used to sell them way back with the G4 stuff.  I actually have an old one still sitting on the shelf.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/21/2018 at 12:46 AM, Brad Burnett said:

UnicornGarage, I know what you mean.  Im a dealer as well and had no idea that they were re-releasing the ethrottle modules.  

Its really not new, they used to sell them way back with the G4 stuff.  I actually have an old one still sitting on the shelf.

Reviving super dead post. Do you still have the G4 E throttle module and would it be for sale ?

Oh sweet. I was just worried that it didn't state that it is compatible with the original Link G4 (Xtreme red).

Thanks for the reply

I am thinking of using a BMW  M52 or M54  throttle and throttle body on an RB30ET with custom intake manifold that does not have any idle air ports.

Biggest issue I can see is fitting the pedal. Any thoughts?

Yes it works with the G4.  Pedal shouldnt be an issue, there are quite a few fairly universal options if you look around a junk yard or similar, there are also some sensors on some hondas, hyundai and mercedes that take a normal cable from the pedal and connect to a position sensor if you want to keep stock pedal.  

chrome_2021-06-08_22-37-51.png

The module has the H-bridge electronics in it.  It converts 2 low current low side drive aux outputs from the ECU into 2 high current push/pull "H Bridge" type outputs (so a DC motor can be driven foward or reverse with high power).

23 hours ago, Adamw said:

The module has the H-bridge electronics in it.  It converts 2 low current low side drive aux outputs from the ECU into 2 high current push/pull "H Bridge" type outputs (so a DC motor can be driven foward or reverse with high power).

Thanks again for the reply and info. At risk of sounding like a tight ass. Any idea where the best place would be to ask if anyone has the older version E-throttle module for a reasonable price?   At $450 for the module plus DBW throttle body and pedal. A pick a part idle control valve is a lot cheaper.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread again but thought it would be better than creating a new one for the same topic.

I currently run a Link Storm G4+ and am looking to convert to DBW Throttle. Is there any downside to running this E-Throttle module versus upgrading the ECU to one that has built in DBW (G4X Extreme)?

Once set up, Will it effectively operate the exact same say with the same response time etc? And able to set up Auto-Blip on downshifts same as with the Extreme?

Looking for any differences there may be between the two setups?

Cheers

Yes, exactly the same capability either way.  The External module has the slight advantage that it has the safety relay built-in so wiring is possibly a little simpler.  The main thing to check with the Storm is that you have enough IO - You need 3 aux outputs and 4 analog inputs for E-throttle.  

• 1 year later...

There should only be 7 wires, one of the cavities in the DTM8 has a cavity plug in it.  The colours are pretty much the same with the exception of white/green becoming just green and white/brown becoming just brown. Black is ground, which is the same as the old one.  

YibzxJa.png

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have this external controller, but I am not quite clear where I can connect the white wire called (enable).

• If this wire connects to the +12v output that offers a relay, 
  • to +12v because it has an internal relay or
  • on the contrary I need to connect to an AUX port of the ECU and this to a input relay coil.

Maybe it's a silly question, but it's not clear to me. A simply scheme could helps me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

The white wire needs to connect to an ECU Aux output (ground output) and that output should be set as "e-throttle relay".  No other relay or anything should need to be connected as this would be an internal enable (via internal treansistor most likely) on the E-throttle module.

Also note that the Aux outputs for signal 1 and 2 can only be either ECU Aux 1 and 2 as a pair, or Aux 3 and 4 as a pair per the settings in the software.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, Adamw said:

There should only be 7 wires, one of the cavities in the DTM8 has a cavity plug in it.  The colours are pretty much the same with the exception of white/green becoming just green and white/brown becoming just brown. Black is ground, which is the same as the old one.  

YibzxJa.png

I think I brain farted when I was asking about 8 wires.  I had a used one of the newer units last August someone had sent me that they had cut off the 8 pin DTM and I was reterminating it with a new DTM connector and after your post I realized there was only 7 wires.  Not sure how I messed that up, but it got resolved.