Lambda 1 Error

zwhitebread

I am getting a lambda 1 error. The Error is number 35 which says "open Circuit RComp Invalid - Open circuit on senor calibration resistor." Its on a link Fury. The software is up to date. I double checked all the wiring and everything appears to be connected and wired correctly. Is this going to be a sensor problem or an internal ecu problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Zach

The error suggests the ECU is not seeing the expected resistance on the calibration resistor.  Unplug the B plug at the ecu end and measure resistance between the MES and APE wires/pins (at the ecu plug).  A valid sensor would be 30-300ohms.

So the resistance was 93 ohms. I found that one of the female pins was a little loose fitting. I fixed that and checked the rest of the pins and the are all fine. I also double checked the wiring and everything has continuity from the O2 sensor to the pins on the B plug to the ECU and all are wired to the correct pins. Now i am getting three errors. It starts with error 44 RE over voltage. Then it shows error 2 internal controller error. Then it shows error 51 cant read switch on. Any insights on these issues?

Ok that sounds very odd, I dont have any good feeling for what could cause all of these odd errors.   As a start can you give us some photos of the wires going in to the lambda plug so I can confirm pinout etc (may have to peel the boot back etc if fitted).  

Ok. I made up a PDF document with pictures hopefully it is clear enough. Let me know if its not clear or you need/want anything specifically that I missed. Its to big to attach so here is the link to it in dropbox. Let me know if that does work for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/759sn5ko5qzumka/O2 sensor wiring.pdf?dl=0

Thanks!

Thanks, I agree it looks like the pinout is correct.

After seeing the photos this all kind of looks fairly well used, I initially assumed this was a new install that we were discussing.  Has it been working correctly previously and it just started giving the error or is it a fresh install and never worked from the start?

The car itself has been raced a lot but this install is relatively new. It has  been raced 2 times with the current setup. (it’s a rally car and the last race was dusty, probably why it looks so used). The sensor had worked previously but I have been having issues with random cuts since the current setup was done. In previous logs it always had the AFR but when I looked at this log it didn’t read at all. Do you think that the sensor itself could be the problem? Or any other specifics that I should be looking for? Or is there any other information that you need? 

thanks

Ok. I will get one ordered. In the meantime I have a separate question. I am getting these errors from the Can 2 status. It is transmitting to a dash2pro. Everything on the dash appears to be working. Any idea what could cause this? the weird part is if i go to the can setup, change nothing and hit apply the errors go away and dont come back. 

236590446_Canerror.png.03630d67726563b9d9b89aa5645d2fa9.png

If the CAN errors go away and stay away when you reset the bus while everything is powered up then I suspect the most likely reason is the Dash2pro is slow to boot-up so the ECU logs the error when the dash doesnt acknowledge the ECU quick enough.