G4+ Thunder Custom CAN Outputs to AIM PDM 32

defjux23

20 hours ago, Adamw said:

PDM CAN 2 is for Keypad etc.  ECU generally needs to be connected to PDM CAN1.

• Members
  • ECU model:
    G4+ Storm
  • Serial Number:

Thanks,  Dash and PDM now are working via can .

Now the link ECU can connected  to CAN 1 on PDM, the keypad connected to CAN 2 on PDM, so keypad setting should be done from PDM ?

and should we do any setting on link can setup for keypad ?

11 hours ago, defjux23 said:

Ended up figuring this out on my own. The one thing we noticed is that with our sequential transmission, neutral is no longer labeled as N and reverse is no longer labeled as R on the AIM display. Now they are labeled as 11 and 10 respectively. Would the custom CAN XC1 cause these changes? Thanks!

Yes, try setting up the encoding values like below.  There seems to be some bug somewhere in Aim so this function doesnt always work when I have done it for some users but it always works whenever I have tested it on dashes here.

XIhQMBH.png

16 minutes ago, Ammar Alqisi said:

Now the link ECU can connected  to CAN 1 on PDM, the keypad connected to CAN 2 on PDM, so keypad setting should be done from PDM ?

and should we do any setting on link can setup for keypad ?

Yes the keypad is set up in RS3, you will have to ask them for help with that as I think they only designed to use the Blink marine ones at present, not sure how much the greyhill ones are supported or if they work.  Once you have the keypad working in the PDM I can give you advice to get keys sent to the ECU if needed.

@Adamw

The one we have 12 Keys, which one we should select ? ID 0X19 , 0X1A ?

Baud Rate should be 125 Kbit/Sec ? Should we use any external resistor on keypad ? and last questions, from power output we have always power on keypad ?

Check the setting for ignition switch and start engine on my pdm setting .

Capture.PNG

PDM32 Wael.zconfig

I have no experience with this PDM, these questions are probably best directed to Aim.  Most of the CANopen keypads default buadrate is 125kbit so I suspect that is the correct setting.  Yes you always need a resistor at both ends of a CANB bus, so enable the one inside the PDM and add one to the wiring near the keypad.  The ID I have no idea, as far as I know the Blink default has always been 0x15 on all of their keypads, but maybe the AIM supplied 12 button is different.  

Power supply to the keypad can be from PDM or master switch, it needs to always have power when the PDM is powered.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have no experience with this PDM, these questions are probably best directed to Aim.  Most of the CANopen keypads default buadrate is 125kbit so I suspect that is the correct setting.  Yes you always need a resistor at both ends of a CANB bus, so enable the one inside the PDM and add one to the wiring near the keypad.  The ID I have no idea, as far as I know the Blink default has always been 0x15 on all of their keypads, but maybe the AIM supplied 12 button is different.  

Power supply to the keypad can be from PDM or master switch, it needs to always have power when the PDM is powered.

Could you please provide us your email, cuz aim sent us a manual for keypad .

23 hours ago, Adamw said:

Adam, we disconnected the blink marine keypad from PDM, and connected to CAN 1 on ecu, we see the can is working and no error on runtime values,

questions is, how we can setup the keys ? like start engine, Antilag , boost ?

The keypad needs to be connected to CAN 2 on the PDM.  You need to do all the conditions and logic etc in the PDM.  

As I said earlier, once you have set up the PDM and have the keypad working in the PDM software, then I will help you to set it up so the button statuses are sent to the ecu.  

21 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The keypad needs to be connected to CAN 2 on the PDM.  You need to do all the conditions and logic etc in the PDM.  

As I said earlier, once you have set up the PDM and have the keypad working in the PDM software, then I will help you to set it up so the button statuses are sent to the ecu.  

Ok we understand, will connect it to CAN 2, we contacted simon and said adam the only one who will help you, and we appreciate your effort, can you go with us 

on teamviewr to do the setup ? 

Everything is ready and connections all done .

My primary role at Link is engineering and I prefer to keep distractions from my primary work to a minimum, so for this reason most of the help I give here on the forum is done in my own time outside of work hours.   

Im always happy to help fellow Link users and dealers with Link ECU's and also help with interfacing Link ECU's with 3rd party devices when I have the correct information or experience to offer.  However, it is not really my job to completely configure a 3rd party PDM device for you, Im happy to help configure the Link ECU side (which is already done) and can help with sending the keypad buttons to the ecu once you have everything else in the PDM configured and working - that means all inputs and outputs fully assigned and all logic programed so that I can get a feel for what finally needs sending over CAN. Usually there is very little sent from the PDM to the ECU - maybe a buton or two.

There are two other user's PDM32 config files attached earlier in this thread that you maybe able to look at for guidance to see how things are done, but if you need help setting up the core PDM functionality your first line of support should be from the Aim dealer that sold it to you, it is part of their contract to support you and they are meant to have the training and knowledge.  I have absolutely zero realife experience with the Aim PDM's so for most questions you ask I need to spend time researching or testing it myself in their software, it is not efficient for me to support you like that.  

For clarity, just in case my wording above comes across rude, Im not upset or trying to discourage you, Im still willing to help you here on the forum however I can when you need it and I still want to see you get to the end of the project with a satisfactory result, just I cant be spending my nights on teamviewer doing the hard work for you...    

• 2 years later...
On 6/25/2021 at 10:36 AM, Adamw said:

I already set up the axis on your boost target table in your map, you just need to enter what manifold pressure you want in each cell.  The closed loop boost control function will nered to be tuned first beore this is any use to you however.

px8DAii.png

It is not possible to show PWM DC over CAN. 

@Adamw Sorry to dig this tread up as I tried to find the solution by myself first. As the example above you showed so I can able to transmit data from Keypad button to Link but how about transmit as CAN DI# instead of analog, is it possible? With this way, I can use keypad to activate Link function like Data Logger, LC, etc.

Thanks