g4x error: 1019 LINK_NOT_RESPONDING_CORRECTLY

yulius

When turning the ECU power off, getting the following error in PCLink 6.19.65.

Connection error: 1019 LINK_NOT_RESPONDING_CORRECTLY

Not really affecting any functions, but quite annoying that I have to clear it every time I turn the engine on.

im use link g4x plug in evo ix

what should i do

While not the right solution, I have also found this quite annoying and have been thinking of setting up a virtual aux output to trigger the clear fault DI function automatically at power up.  

The downside would be clearing a fault you may be concerned with or want to know, but there may be a way to make sure the internal logger is capturing fault codes to account for this.  Also by setting it at startup (engine runtime >1 sec), if a fault occurs while driving it won’t beg cleared until ecu power is cycled.  

Not perfect I know.

That's not actually an ECU fault code, it is a PCLink error. The reasons for ECU disconnect were made visible in a recent update to provide more information when users are having intermittent connection issue, you can ignore these if you are not having connection issues. If you disconnect in PCLink before powering off disconnect errors won't show up.

4 hours ago, koracing said:

I set up an output to reset the ecu fault codes at startup similar to how I described and I can confirm the connection errors still show up so that doesn't even solve that.

once again they are not ECU fault codes, they don't exist in the ECU, they only exist in PCLink as a way of indicating why the ECU disconnected.

I understand what you're saying.  It just so happens that I tried this before seeing your message in this forum.  I still felt like sharing my results despite that. 

I personally don't feel like it should be up to the user to have to disconnect from the ecu each time we power down the car to avoid these types of messages.  I understand this may be a temporary software change to help figure out the disconnecting issue, so I'm not too worried.

• 3 months later...

I'm getting the same Error Message.

This happens during ECU connected/Motor Running. 

Nothing ever changes, I just get the Error Message.

It's scary because, "I think there is a Problem" as that is what the Error Message is intended to do, Right.

It's not a probelm on My End. How can this get fix? 

Thank You,

Tim Hampton

3 minutes ago, Oldmanz350 said:

I'm getting the same Error Message.

This happens during ECU connected/Motor Running. 

Nothing ever changes, I just get the Error Message.

It's scary because, "I think there is a Problem" as that is what the Error Message is intended to do, Right.

It's not a probelm on My End. How can this get fix? 

Thank You,

Tim Hampton

what firmware are you running ?