EZ30R tuning

suby3.0

Hi

I put a EZ30R 2006 in my GC8 with a ECU Fury. The engine run ok now after first tuning. Not having mush torque. I'm not sure that my AVCS are set up or map right. 

it is very hard to find a good tuner in Florida who know G4+ well.

I will need some advise. if somebody can look at my tuning.

Questions:

1-Trigger 2 vtt left  have has a offset 70.0 ATDC and DI 2 for right VTT has a offset 190.0 ATDC it is correct or not?

2-do the VTT map is correct?

3-Aux out 1 avcs (I read some where need to be 300HZ) mine are set at 250Hz?

4-Do DI7 and DI8 are set correctly. I wasn't able to get a reading from DI8.

5-VTT set up and table 1 are they correct?

see file attached.

Thank you in advance

Laurent

EZ30R-5 fury 2021.pclr

Most of the basic VVT setup looks ok. I think this is actually a map I was asked to set up for someone.  The offsets need to be checked using the cam angle test function, how to do that is described in the help file.  70 & 190 are in the expected ballpark, but it is unlikely to be nicely rounded numbers like that so I suspect it was never checked.  I would need to see a log of some driving to confirm VVT is working and following target etc.  

250Hz is fine for the AVCS solenoids. 

Both lift solenoids are being switched on by the same aux and it is only checking the pressure on DI7 so dont worry about DI8.  

I think @Brad Burnett is down Florida way somewhere, he may say something if he is interested in helping.

Hi Brad,

Can you tell me more about your business. Do you have a awd dyno? I can bring you the my car to see if you can help me to make it works right.

I'm in Vero Beach just an hour from you.

Regards

Laurent cell: 772.360.9245

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 5:29 PM, Brad Burnett said:

Im in Stuart just north of west palm.  I used to do a ton of subarus a couple years ago.  These days I do anything that pays, but prefer its on a Link.

Hit me up if you need assistance.

Hi Brad,

Can you give me your contact or text me at 772.360.9245

Laurent

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, Adamw said:

Most of the basic VVT setup looks ok. I think this is actually a map I was asked to set up for someone.  The offsets need to be checked using the cam angle test function, how to do that is described in the help file.  70 & 190 are in the expected ballpark, but it is unlikely to be nicely rounded numbers like that so I suspect it was never checked.  I would need to see a log of some driving to confirm VVT is working and following target etc.  

250Hz is fine for the AVCS solenoids. 

Both lift solenoids are being switched on by the same aux and it is only checking the pressure on DI7 so dont worry about DI8.  

I think @Brad Burnett is down Florida way somewhere, he may say something if he is interested in helping.

HI Adamw

I was finally able to run the car after a fuel pump issue. See in attach file.

I have error with TPS I calibrate the TPS. But I get 100% when not using than go to 0 when I accelerate a bit to 98% full open. The thing I put a bigger cable drive throttle body. I believe the original size was 72mm I put a 90mm with a reducer adaptor. But I think when I'm open 70% I have the maximum air flow. I don't know if this is important for fuel mix.

The other problem I don't know how to set up the Lambda in the software to work.

And I get a lot of RPM restriction because the faults.

I wasn't able to get Brad Burnett to answer me.

Thank you for your help. best regards

run test 3282021.llg

Before checking the alternator, the first thing I would do is unplug the ecu and confirm you have 12V on pin A5.  If the ecu does not have a connection to the battery through this pin then the flyback voltage has nowhere to go and can inflate reported battery voltage.  Provided that is ok, then it is likely the alternator.  

Your VVT is working, but it looks a bit slow to respond, that really needs a tuner to tune the PID.  

The TPS, it looks like your sensor is possibly going outside of the error voltages.  Try setting ANV 3 Error low to 0.0V and error high to 5.0V and re-do TP calibration.  See if that helps.

For the lambda, you just need to turn the control on:

AkPJOCW.png

18 hours ago, Adamw said:

Before checking the alternator, the first thing I would do is unplug the ecu and confirm you have 12V on pin A5.  If the ecu does not have a connection to the battery through this pin then the flyback voltage has nowhere to go and can inflate reported battery voltage.  Provided that is ok, then it is likely the alternator.  

Your VVT is working, but it looks a bit slow to respond, that really needs a tuner to tune the PID.  

The TPS, it looks like your sensor is possibly going outside of the error voltages.  Try setting ANV 3 Error low to 0.0V and error high to 5.0V and re-do TP calibration.  See if that helps.

For the lambda, you just need to turn the control on:

AkPJOCW.png

Thank you I will try all that and let you know.