racelogic can bus

tarlo

Hi Adam 

I was on the phone to tech support and they suggested contact you on the forum. 

I am trying to communicate via can between link and a racelogic Vbox (lite version)

The Vbox uses references files you can download from their website but they don't have for link. 

You can manually enter in the can details in the Vbox (see below)

image.thumb.png.dbfb302522ab94547971f8bc4ad037f8.png

I have gone through the link help file and have looked at the information provided for the generic dash, but I am unsure of some of the correct settings. I think I am ok with the name, units, minimum, maximum, std/xtd and data type but all others i am not to sure. Are you able to help? If you could provide the info for generic dash TPS that would be great as i would like to start with that one for ease of testing. 

image.thumb.png.e3160c178f2050b1f94c48e5c7013270.png

Thanks 

Matt

7 hours ago, Confused said:

You can Load the Generic Dash stream into PC Link to one of your CAN streams, and it will show you all of the multipliers, dividers etc.

G4X yes, G4+ no, G4+ CAN sends the value stored in memory which can already have an offset and multiplier on it whereas G4X sends the displayed value. The Test calculator tab in the CAN Setup window can be used to find these built in multipliers and offsets in G4+

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, justinpirie said:

AiM isn't interpreting all the units correctly

What dash do you have?  I just done some testing a week or so back and everything was working correctly.

It is easier to use the .xc1 file than a dbc so I will attach that.  

LINK_Link MXS Custom_@20230318_005233_002523.xc1

Fantastic, apologies for pinging you on Facebook as well- for some reason I’m not getting notifications from the forum. I’m actually using the AIM PDM32 but I want to consolidate some of my CANBUS and the only way to do that on AIM is to go to a custom CAN profile, so thank you!

Hi Adam,

I too use a Vbox Lite so I downloaded your file and set it up. THANKS!
Dash2pro was already configured on my ECU because I also use Realdash with the usual USB-Can analyser. Would both work together or will I have to use one or the other? (I’m waiting for a mini din connector to make a loom for the vbox so I can’t test right now) I’m worry because of the acknowledgment thing…

• 5 months later...

Adam, is it possible to get a dbc file of the "Transmit Generic Dash"?  I am using that to drive an AEM CD7 and would like to integrate it with my vbox also. Had a quick look at the dash2pro file, but when I select it in the Thunder ECU, I lose the comms to the dash because it is setup for the generic dash info..  Cheers  Paul

52 minutes ago, bondy505 said:

Had a quick look at the dash2pro file, but when I select it in the Thunder ECU, I lose the comms to the dash because it is setup for the generic dash info.

You can send both streams, just change the ID of one of them so they aren't both using the same ID.  I will attach a generic dash DBC but it uses compound messages which many devices dont translate well from a DBC import, so dont be surprised if it doesnt work.  

Generic Dash.dbc