G4x wrx v10

randolph

Hello guys,

we have a sti 08 hatchback and wonder if anyone here has manage to install the wrx v10 g4x plug in successfully on them

link states that this ecu will not fit the gr chassis,

but just checking if anyone has had any luck with it or not,

pics for attention.

thank you

00A5CEB0-87DD-4A52-813A-918B969086F4.jpeg

30 minutes ago, monsterjet72 said:

hello. yes, I put a lot of these ECUs, everything works from 2006 and 2011 electronic gas.

It’s my first on these hatch backs, do you have an idea why the engine temp gauge in the dash stays on overheat position? Could it be something with the canbus or is it the jumpers, since this car is an 08 i have set all jumpers to 07 because it is only for 06 or 07?

1 hour ago, randolph said:

Это мой первый хэтчбэк, у вас есть идея, почему датчик температуры двигателя на приборной панели остается в положении перегрева? Может ли это быть что-то с canbus или это перемычки, так как эта машина 08, я установил все перемычки на 07, потому что это только для 06 или 07?

you need to turn on the subaru CAN broadcast if you have a G4X ECU, if you have a G4+, then this is a problem, I myself could not run the CAN protocol on it for SUbaru, it is not in the basic settings, it only has G4X, si drive and temperature work on it, you can configure the si drive cards throttle and boost and also receive data from the ABS unit, but still the ABS system does not work for me about this, I wanted to create a topic for discussion. 

the G4X ECU has physical CAN2 pins on the ECU connectors, their purpose is in the help, just follow the steps as in the video

9 hours ago, randolph said:

Hello guys,

we have a sti 08 hatchback and wonder if anyone here has manage to install the wrx v10 g4x plug in successfully on them

link states that this ecu will not fit the gr chassis,

but just checking if anyone has had any luck with it or not,

pics for attention.

thank you

00A5CEB0-87DD-4A52-813A-918B969086F4.jpeg

This was something I was planning to try as I don't see a reason why you couldn't make it work, however the pinout will be different from a 07 STi, so you will need to repin the header connectors or have an adapter built. If you enable the Subaru CAN on one of the CAN channels then that should work with the WRX107 as well.

Although the WRX107 pinout is similar to some of the basic GR chassis models, there are quite a few variations of the GR, especially STI models and some of them wont work or will have some items that dont work.  

For example the GR's with 4 x AVCS cams the exhaust cams will not work with the WRX107 ecu.  The GR's with cruise control the cruise will not work with the WRX107 ecu.  The GR's with push button start the starter will not work with the WRX107 ecu, The GR's with the air temp sensor in the manifold will not work with the WRX107 ecu.  It wont work at all for the LHD models that have the Hitachi ECU.

We do have a proper GR plug-in ecu coming out in the near future for the 2008-2011 models that have a Denso ecu.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

Although the WRX107 pinout is similar to some of the basic GR chassis models, there are quite a few variations of the GR, especially STI models and some of them wont work or will have some items that dont work.  

For example the GR's with 4 x AVCS cams the exhaust cams will not work with the WRX107 ecu.  The GR's with cruise control the cruise will not work with the WRX107 ecu.  The GR's with push button start the starter will not work with the WRX107 ecu, The GR's with the air temp sensor in the manifold will not work with the WRX107 ecu.  It wont work at all for the LHD models that have the Hitachi ECU.

We do have a proper GR plug-in ecu coming out in the near future for the 2008-2011 models that have a Denso ecu.  

Adam,

this one is sti with quad avcs, i’ve manage to get almost everything working except for the can bus that cause the engine temp gauge to work as suppose, The bus hi and low is in the correct location.this car uses a key to start, 

I havent had any trouble with the CAN in any GR I have tested.  Temp gauge at max suggests the dash is not seeing any CAN at all.  Are wheel speeds and brake pressure, handbrake etc working in the software?

Can you attach your tune.

dz6Tx36.png

You dont even have the CAN enabled in your map.  You need to go to >ecu controls>CAN setup and set CAN module 2 to one of the WRX choices.  If the ABS light remains on, try the alternate one.  You need to key off and back on again after changing the CAN settings for the dash to fully work.  

VSmUkMA.png

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

You dont even have the CAN enabled in your map.  You need to go to >ecu controls>CAN setup and set CAN module 2 to one of the WRX choices.  If the ABS light remains on, try the alternate one.  You need to key off and back on again after changing the CAN settings for the dash to fully work.  

VSmUkMA.png

Adam, i will do this config and update, thank you