MR2 Power steering speed signal

ellisd1984

IT should be able to but you might need to play pullup games, I have the speedometer in my SW20 MR2 working on a signal from my G4X ECU but I did have to modify the tacho so that it would accept a signal that is only pulled to ground and not also pulled high.

I would say start by wiring up one of Aux 1-10 as an output to the pump and use a GP PWM to control it. If it doesn't work when testing it with varying frequencies then you might need to look into adding a pullup.

Thanks for the reply.  It's all going into another toyota (celica 205, probably should have mentioned that).  What does the stock speedo drive output into the link for vss? I'm pretty sure it's the same unit in the mr2's if you have the E153 gearbox.

14 hours ago, ellisd1984 said:

What does the stock speedo drive output into the link for vss? I'm pretty sure it's the same unit in the mr2's if you have the E153 gearbox.

Stock speed signal on the e153 is just a square wave, it is a hall sensor. In the factory wiring you have 12V to the hall sensor but when wiring it up to the Link you use 5V (I think it doesn't pull low enough with the 12V high to trigger the Link DI).

Thanks for everyone's input I've done a bit of digging and realised that the speed sensor from the gearbox doesn't actually feed directly into the ecu, it goes through the gauge cluster on the dash first (similar to how the MRS' pump is fed through from the abs unit through the gauge cluster).  Can you tell me, does DI3 input on the link 205PnP set up for speed see 5v or 12v into it?  Is it possible to tap into this wire for the VSS for the pump? and not use another output?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmhu7ljzadl5aeo/VSS.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm9hmmppupcdzwk/VSS2.png?dl=0