need help with evo log

Wheelspk

hello,

my evo 8 was fine and today it started to misfire so i logged my link g4+  i did some pulls and safty GP rpm limite activated came maybe coz the car was Lean should had been 11.25ish but its now in the 13s  i have walbro duel fuel pumps.

things i have replaced to check are , flex fuel sensor, plug coils but misfire remains.

could it be a bad fuel pump or a bad map sensor( omnei 4bar) ?

i have attatched my logs one is a good one i took a few days back and one is with the misfire, all i same expect for ethnol content.

please help me figure out whats wrong .

thanks 

2 AND 3 PULL SAFTY.llg old good log.llg

20220721_230937.jpg

Nothing obvious in the log.  The old log is high boost and E85 Vs the other log is E20 and low boost so cant really compare much.  Fuel pressure look ok.  MAP sensor looks ok.  

Will need to see your tune to know what is set up on GP limit 1.  

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Nothing obvious in the log.  The old log is high boost and E85 Vs the other log is E20 and low boost so cant really compare much.  Fuel pressure look ok.  MAP sensor looks ok.  

Will need to see your tune to know what is set up on GP limit 1.  

here is my current map it was working perfectly since 1 month, but i have also shared 2 screen shoots and u can see map reading is low then it should be im not sure if ethnol content would effect that?

i dont undersatnd why my car is misfiring and afr is lean triggering safty ( safty is on fuel press drop and AFR ) suddenly when fuel pressure is fine and coils are okay too, checked spark plugs too they are like new.

294129951_1236065433861969_7753820669577018925_n.jpg

294709680_5430764746943816_7966826056757257558_n.jpg

revised_V4_LCon off.pclr 2 AND 3 PULL SAFTY.llg

2 hours ago, Wheelspk said:

but i have also shared 2 screen shoots and u can see map reading is low then it should be im not sure if ethnol content would effect that?

Yes your boost target is varied between 220 & 320kpa with ethanol content.

Not really much more I can offer, you would be best to go to your tuner for diagnosis.  Most likely ignition system related.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes your boost target is varied between 220 & 320kpa with ethanol content.

Not really much more I can offer, you would be best to go to your tuner for diagnosis.  Most likely ignition system related.

update tuned out to be clogged injectors, thats why were seeing good fuel press but car remained Lean.

BUT on my way back home from the shop i made a pull and logged it got a error code 14, AN volt 2  blow Error and and check light on the dash.

can you please  tell me why was this triggered looking at the log and map? i did 2 pulls and both showed the same,

my tuner has covid so he isnt avaiable to help, and im worried what caused this error.

7e0ee3f5-dcea-4985-8462-13200986d6ba.jpg

revised_V3.pclr wot 1.llg

An volt2 is your MAP sensor.. 

You probably disconnected the sensor and had the ignition switch on.

Reset the code and see if it shows up. (check for loose connection)

FYI...

Also.. as per your log.. ECU is seeing some knock..

3 hours ago, remski2 said:

An volt2 is your MAP sensor.. 

You probably disconnected the sensor and had the ignition switch on.

Reset the code and see if it shows up. (check for loose connection)

FYI...

Also.. as per your log.. ECU is seeing some knock..

i reuploaded the tune after i put back my own omni 4 bar map sensor after checking the omni map sensor off my frinds evo.... shouldn't that had cleared the code? and after the code came i taught maybe i didnt uploaded the map correctly so i upload again... but it still gave the volt 2 code... does uploading the map clear the code or its stored till i erase it? 

yes i saw the knock too could be coz of the map sensor either not working properly or faulty or there isn't loose connection i checked. 

could i shift to the internal link map sensor without a retune? or does that require a tune again? my current map sensor is a omnei 4bar and my evo pnp also has a 4 bar in built. 

20 hours ago, Wheelspk said:

update tuned out to be clogged injectors, thats why were seeing good fuel press but car remained Lean.

BUT on my way back home from the shop i made a pull and logged it got a error code 14, AN volt 2  blow Error and and check light on the dash.

can you please  tell me why was this triggered looking at the log and map? i did 2 pulls and both showed the same,

my tuner has covid so he isnt avaiable to help, and im worried what caused this error.

7e0ee3f5-dcea-4985-8462-13200986d6ba.jpg

revised_V3.pclr 167.02 kB · 1 download wot 1.llg 591.19 kB · 2 downloads

@Adamw could you please help out with this too why i could be gettingnis map sensor error?? issue could be in map sensor now giving correct voltages or could it be my wiring which i can check if you recommend with volt meter... if map sensor is receiving 12v and ecu ia getting 5v coz i think this error i got fault code 14 has too go map sensor low voltage. 

Your log shows it being in fault for the whole log, reuploading a basemap doesn't mean the codes are cleared, clear the code and see if it comes back.

One good way to make sure the sensor isn't going bad is to compare the MAP and BAP value when the engine isn't running.

Did you have the MAP sensor unplugged at any point?