R32 GTR twin fan setup with existing AC fan

GodzillaMF

Hello,

I about to replace the OEM clutch fan with two 12 inch Spal fans on my Koyo n flow. I still have the fan in front for AC condenser/overheat, in which I control by the G4+. I wanted to ask on how to get the twin fans setup to be used by the G4+ controls.  Do I find open AUXs to use and wiring Relays, and have the ECU control the ground? And set them accordingly on Fan display table? I some need help. 

Thanks 

18 hours ago, GodzillaMF said:

Do I find open AUXs to use and wiring Relays, and have the ECU control the ground? And set them accordingly on Fan display table? I some need help. 

Yes.  Spare Aux, ign or Inj drives can do fan relays.  Also you can connect more than 1 fan to a relay if you dont need the to all switch on at different times/temps.  Remember you only need to move enough air to keep it cool when idling.  You often dont need much airflow.

6IMTBh2.png

Thanks for the reply. 

Yeah,  I was planning to have the twin fans come on at specific temp like 180 Deg F and the Aux fan/AC FAN ON when AC is on and at over Temp 190* F.  I should be running a separate wiring for the radiator fans and keep the OEM wiring design for the AC fan. I have the AC controlled my Temp by LINKECU G4plus right now. 

Let me know about suggestions 

Lol, sorry AdamW I think after reading your post,  you explained it lol. 

Mainly I need help on terminal locations for relay wiring and which one the linkecu is wiring to.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:17 PM, Gsab said:

Relay switching is a killer, considered going PWM here ? I was banging 2x Alfa 156 fans on through relays, eventually did the alternator in. Went PWM and not looking back at all. Just a suggestion .

Hi Gsab,

I am having the same problem when the 2 x Davies Craig Fans I purchased come on, they voltage drop the car heavily the alternator cannot keep up. I am attemping to wire in a PWM setup but scratching my head at the configuration required to set it up. I have it wired in using the haltech diagram, can you provide some insight?

Attached is the Haltech diagram I used, I am using the 100A SSR from Jaycar, and the diode suggested in the diagram, the resistor i felt was redundant as the Link Fury has its resistance built in.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 200822.jpg

Can also confirm that the wiring works as when i run the AUX output as Test PWM, the fans work fine.

I use a Mitsubishi fan controller, and use a PWM output for controlling the speed. This one fails safe, so 0% duty (fully disconnected signal wire) results in 100% fan speed. I also have a chargecooler, so want airflow all the time (unless I'm sat fiddling with settings, hence the 30/31 rows to disable the fans when the engine is cold), but a varied amount.

image.png.bc3ab996de7a69083a7aa8e18ce32560.png

• 4 weeks later...

AdamW,

Looking at my G4 plus,  pinout don't have locations of open Auxs to have Relay to be connected to. Like if i where to.use ignition 7 and 8 as fans. I still have the OEM hooked up as it was. Do i splice Relay pin 85 the two fans into this and have all three on? I would like to control them specifically and have radiator fans specifically and condensor and overfan. What pinouts can i use for ignition drive 7 and 8, manual for R32 GTR G4 plus doesnt have this located. Let me take a look at my expansion loom i have. Its current in use with flex fuel sensor. I don't think i have two expansion  looms. If i were to use AuX 7 as my relay ground switch maybe i can test proir to getting an another expansion loom. Please help

AdamW, 

Thank you for the reply. Ok, if I were to use pin 6 which is the factory Fan relay doesn't that have the fans all going at the same time? That will be three fans moving air through. I'll need to get another loom in order to use ignition 7/8 in which on the R32 its not on the factory pin out harness. Does this make sense.