Change fuel injector size

ChrisJa

Good Evening all,

I have a question about adjusting fueling, my goal is to be able to break in my new clutch and get this fresh engine on the dyno... it is a 2.3l 5SGTE with 1200cc injectors. 

the file "Toyota Celica" is what I got from the builder but I am running so rich the idle is super rough and it fouls the plugs. I've also attached the "idle" file which is a quick log of the car running. the last file "5SGTE" is my current file with all my configurations loaded. what do I need to change in order for things to run smooth?

I just need something to move around and break in this clutch. My tuner has been too busy and I don't want to disturb them anymore than I already have. Thanks in advance!

5SGTE MR2.pclr idle.llg

Toyota Celica ST185 G4+ Xtreme Plugin ATS BASE MAP 3-Bar MAP 1200cc FF (1).pclr

All data in the red boxes need to be modified according to the data provided by the injector manufacturer.

image.thumb.png.fbef2d98c1f3e4d420efef9de42aa066.png

If you already have entered the correct injector data and still running too rich, then you will be having to re-tune your whole fuel table. You then change the engine capacity while you're at it before re-tuning the fuel table.

3 hours ago, ChrisJa said:

I do not have that option.

That screenshot was taken directly from the 5SGTE map which you said is your current file.  So are you using the other one now?  Both maps have different ecu serial numbers so one of them has never been in your ecu?  The flex fuel map is from an ecu with very old firmware so if that is from your ecu you need to update that before spending anytime tuning.  

Your MAP sensor is not working in your log so I would say that is your main problem.  It is showing 1.57V constantly so I would say that either the hose is disconnected or there is a wiring issue.   If you suck on the hose with your mouth you should be able to see the MAP move. 

Your TPS is showing a constant 9.5% so that is either not working or not calibrated.  

The knock control needs to be turned off.  It currently has a gain of 200 and a threshold of zero so as soon as you get above 10% throttle you are going to have max retard on all cylinders.  

When it comes time to tune it, tell the tuner that there shouldnt be zero's in the boost target table, it wont matter for now, but with a target of below atmosphere it will mean the boost control system will skip stage 1 and 2 and jump straight to stage 3.  

My apologies Adam, The 1st one I uploaded was my original file with the old engine. They sent me the file "Toyota Celica" and told me to add my inputs to that one because it is preset for my injector with that engine (they built). 

Wow it looks like I got much bigger issues... 

I calibrated the tps and map through link. Will do it again and see if it changes 

Should I go back to my original file (the one you opened 1st) and import the dead times and work from there? 

@Adamw thank you for the help! Please may I buy you a beverage or something.

Fixed MAP issues, now it's reading correctly

For TPS do I need to set the calibration by twisting the sensor and watching the voltage or just press the cal button on PCLink?

I have no IACV, just throttle screw. When I got it started yesterday and adjusted the screw to bring the idle down then next time I tried to start it would just turn over and not start, is that because the voltage is different? 

It doesnt have enough fuel by the looks.  It stalls when the crank enrichment turns off (50%) and changes over to post start enrichment (30%).  

The enrichment values in those two table are kind of in the normal ballpark, so rather than mess with those tables, what I would do you get you going is just increase the engine capacity, the ecu then thinks it is breathing more air so will inject more fuel.  So for example, if you increase the engine capacity setting by 20%, then you will get roughly 20% extra fuel.  Most likely the injector flow rate or deadtime is wrong but the tuner can figure out when it comes time to tune it.