No ECU Communication after key cycle.

k4nnon

Hey all, Link G4X PnP user here with a 2006 EVO 9. Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue. If I flash a new map and save, then perform a key cycle, sometimes the ecu does not communicate. The cooling fans will turn on and run but the fuel pump will not prime and the ecu will not connect. If I perform another key cycle the ecu will usually connect and everything is fine. Sometimes this will take two or three key cycles to work but often just once will do it. I am on the most current version of PCLink as well as Firmware. I check often to see if there any recent updates and havent seen anything yet. Has anyone else delt with this issue and is there a fix for it? Thanks for any info!

46 minutes ago, ellisd1984 said:

Hey thanks for the post, Iv actually read through that post a few times but wasnt sure if it was related to my issue or not because i dont get any boot mode messages. I do get a random ECU "link not responding correctly" error code for no reason though, unless it happens on key cycle and when the cue isnt communicating. Makes sense, maybe ill contact tech and see if there has been any recent fixes. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, koracing said:

Do you have the laptop connected to the link when you key on?

i never disconnect anything when this happens. its just a key off for a couple seconds then key back on and nothing. another key cycle and it is better. I havent tried disconnecting the usb between cycles. Iv noticed this randomly when the laptop isnt plugged in though also. like if i get gas,, come back and key on  sometimes nothing until a key cycle has gone through..

It might be annoying - but it'll be a good test: turn off auto connect in the PCLink software.

One of the "not booting" issue seems to be related to the PCLink software being in "Searching for ECU" mode.

So if you don't have auto connect turned on and manually connect (F3) to the ECU every time it should rule that out if it keeps happening or stops completely.