Cobb 4 Bar map scaling?

SidewayzSkyvia

I think when I initially did the scaling for the Cobb 4 bar map sensor I have, I did it wrong. P/n a12100

I think I have it set properly now. But I'm not sure. I had to add a ton to the ve map to get it to idle properly. From mid 50s to 88 on the ve. Which makes me think the new settings I entered may be wrong. Or I have something else setup improperly. 

So I'm just curious if anybody has used this Cobb sensor before and if they know what the scaling values should be. 

Thanks. (ecu is g4x Xtreme) 

The old values I did 0v being 0psi and 5v being 60psi on cal table 1 and interpolated horizontally. 

The second one I made was on linear cal 2 as 0.5v being 0psi and 4.5v being 60psi. 

It runs great on the original calibration but I don't think it's reading boost or vacuum properly. It calibrated with both cal files. But I'm suspicious it's not reading properly. 

That tune file shows Cal Table 1 is 0v=0psi and 4.5v=44psi. Then 5v=0psi.

image.png.b150261008fa2c55a30c6a1c23feedc7.png

This is wrong so will be the cause of your incorrect readings. But because it's tuned off this wrong data changing it means you'll have to retune.

The linear cal that's been setup for 0.5=0psi and 4.5v=60psi is likely the best choice going forward.

Also do you have any idea why with the new linear cal, with it reading more vacuum at idle, that I would have to increase the fuel ve table from 48-50 to 88-90 in the idle cells to regain a mid 14:1 afr?  And from my passed experiences that's very high for the idle part of a ve map, not leaving much room for added fuel when in boost. The engine displacement is correct(24**cc for 2.5l), and I have Cobb 1300x2 injectors. Which I'm pretty sure I entered the dead times in properly for. 

Ok I'll give that a shot. The injectors are Cobb 1300x2 which are just rebranded ID 1300xds. So I used the dead time data from injector dynamics when I set up the dead times. But from what you said it looks like that might not be the end all be all. Injector dynamics does have a .xlsx injector data file for the link g4 which I found but haven't tried yet. 

A couple of other things to look at:

Turn off the 4D fuel table if you no longer have TGV's.

Turn off IAT trim table, air temp is handled as part of the charge temp approximation. 

Turn off multifuel since you dont have an ethanol sensor set up.

Your IAT is reading 82°C, confirm that is reading correct. 

Make sure your MAP matches BAP at key on, engine off. 

The new map scaling is working good now that I input the injector data from that injector dynamics xlsx file. Had to adjust the ve table a little bit but not up to 88 like before. 

I have tgv deletes so I will turn off the 4d table. 

Just turned off the iat trim table as well.

I had it on multifuel because I plan on adding a flex sensor soon. If I need to turn it off for now and tune the ve table first I will do so. 

I'm running a haltech(gm) iat sensor. And it's tapped into the top mount intercooler. It appears the intercooler heat soaks quite badly sitting in place. But driving around my iat shows around 100*f(38c). I have the Delphi ac iat sensor selected which I be lieve is right. 

The map and bap are within about a half psi before I clicked on calibrate map sensor with the new linear cal table.