Wrx v3 v4 link 3 port boost

Andreigc8

I replaced the factory boost solenoid with a Link 3 port solenoid valve. I wire it in the same plug as original but it doesn't work I checked the wires and i have +12v on both (ignition ON) . You can point me what i am doing wrong please? 

I try test mode PWM but it doesn't click , just 1 single click when i change the option "state" low to high

All the settings look ok to me.  Can you PC datalog while testing and see if it's commanding duty cycle on the output when you put it in test?

The ECU pin should float high to 12v when the ground is not applied to the output, so that's going to be normal.  When it is set to ON with active state low, or active state High, but off, it should pull that pin to ground.  If it's doing the on/off thing ok, then I'm not sure why it wouldn't be clicking in "On PWM" mode.

At this point you are probably going to either need more test equipment to figure out if the ECU or the Solenoid is having an issue.  Do you have any ability to set the ecu up on a bench with a bench power supply?  Powering the ecu up and then just power and and output to the solenoid from the ecu and test that way? Running the output wire from the ecu to a digitial input also would allow you to datalog what the ecu is doing perhaps while still in the vehicle, if it is accuratly PWM'ing it's output or not.  An oscilloscope would also help with this.  Or send the unit and solenoid in to Link for testing if you can afford the downtime.  Perhaps a Link employee may have further insight.

I believe earlier this year we found some 24V versions had been mistakenly supplied as our normal 12V ones.  The symptoms you describe would fit well with the possibility of an incorrect or faulty solenoid, and I cant think of much other logic that would cause it to click in test mode but not in PWM mode.  So I think you should contact tech@linkecu to discuss.