Subaru Speed g4x

Samm

I recently swap a 6speed into my 03 wrx. The new box that’s I put in my car doesn’t have speedo built in the transmission. And my ecu can’t read speed and stuck at 3000rpm.
I did some research and found this Dakota Digital Universal Speedometer and Tachometer. To make the speedo work. Have anyone usd with link g4x before ?

Can't tap into abs as will thro abs code on that wheel

Later 6 speed boxes from wrx hatches and legacy don't have a speed signal from box but is done over can from the modules on board 

See picture with circle is where's the speed sensor is fitted if got a blank then there is no drive fitted for the speedo sensor Screenshot_20240103_201301.thumb.jpg.7688b326b74574bf5188984a450b7f37.jpg

i used stuff from these guys i believe

https://www.dccdpro.com/

also in a 03 but an sti which had a box from a 2010 sti

does a 03 wrx has the dccd control in the car ? i would believe it doesnt , might be looking incoparating that to , dccd center diff without control drives pretty weird , unless you converted to visco center

Friend had dccd pro in his car due to above issue which was tapped into front left abs sensor 

Speedo would read 20 mph sitting still and bounce about all over the place when driving and also brought on abs fault light which would not clear 

Chances of it working is slim I'd say as he decided to sell the car in parts to recoup his money 

On 1/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, neil brown said:

Can't tap into abs as will thro abs code on that wheel

Have you confirmed this yourself?  The DI's are high impedance so it would have to be a pretty elaborate circuit to even detect an ecu DI was connected.  I have only seen issues when users connect the ground to ABS units that have differential inputs.

In any case, it would take ten minutes for the OP to poke a wire into the connector to find out.  If that didnt work then a cheap GPS speed sensor would work or the ecumaster wheelspeed to CAN box has differential inputs so would work with the ABS sensor.

Thank you Adamw I will try  wire the abs signal to the ecu next week and will update if it’s work

kennyJ no I don’t have dccd controller in the car and yes I just ordered that’s box 3 days ago. Will see what options will work for me if nothing work will have to take the box out and send it to put the speedo drive kit in the transmission 

I've used the vss and dccdpro kits from both iwire and straight from dccdpro without problems on multiple cars with 6 speed swaps. If you get the kits from iwire they come as a plug and play. https://iwireusa.com/products/vss-pro-with-iwire-plug-and-play-wiring-harness

Another option is this Panic Made Display with built in gps https://panicmade.com/accessories/p/panic-made-multi-function-display-mfd