CAN Errors | N350X

briand.vq35

I know it's a bother having a noob in a forum like this. I can usually figure things out pretty quickly without the use of any kind of forum. That said; I apologize if the answer is right under my nose and/or I am becoming a nuisance.

Any Ideas as to what is causing the errors? I have installed a 1 Link CAN Lambda on my 350z and removed the stock O2 sensors. I have a G4x Xtreme n350x Plugin Installed.

image.png.c006119101927d9b90fdebeb525473e4.png

Edited by briand.vq35
Adding Setup Information

I haven't done any tuning. Just working on getting it to run. I had it running a couple days ago. When I came back the next day: I finished installing the exhaust and was going to start trying to tune when I noticed this. It hasn't ran since the first day.

Obnxs Initial base.pclx

Unrelated to the CAN errors but you will need to set Analog inputs -> Lambda 1 -> Lambda Sensor Control to Link CAN.

I'm a bit confused as to why you have errors on CAN 1 as that is the factory CAN bus, was the ecu plugged into the car completely and the ignition switch on when you took that screenshot?

For the CAN Lambda what did you use to connect it to the ECU, is it possible you have CAN High and CAN Low swapped?

I changed the bit rate and the issue went away. Assuming I had to do it that way because I used CAN 2. I made lambda 1 Analog input change as well. It runs this way however, I’m ordering the CANJST cable to change it back and use the CAN properly. Right now it’s all tied into the factory CAN H and CAN L.

Since I’ve wired it this way would this be the cause of my factory tachometer and ECT gauge to not function? Also; could this be the reason my cooling fans stay on from “key on” position until I turn to “key off”?

3 hours ago, briand.vq35 said:

I changed the bit rate and the issue went away. Assuming I had to do it that way because I used CAN 2. I made lambda 1 Analog input change as well. It runs this way however, I’m ordering the CANJST cable to change it back and use the CAN properly. Right now it’s all tied into the factory CAN H and CAN L.

Since I’ve wired it this way would this be the cause of my factory tachometer and ECT gauge to not function? Also; could this be the reason my cooling fans stay on from “key on” position until I turn to “key off”?

This is what Z's do when there is no ECU on the CANBUS. Better than a crashed bus though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Adamw. I purchased the CAN Cable and have the Lambda on CAN 1 now and CAN 2 is in 350z mode. Seemed to fix those issues. Thanks for everyone's help in my fight for more knowledge in the greater effort to not destroy my project car LOL