Idle conversion stepper to solenoid Subaru WRX

DenisAlmos

I'm using a V6 engine in a V4 WRX

My problem is I can't control idle because the car wiring is a 3 wires for a solenoid I suppose and the throttle body is supposed to have a 4 wires stepper motor.

Can you confirm if V3-V4 G4X is able to control a stepper motor?

If not do you think another solenoid can fit the Subaru throttle body?

I’ve been using rotational idle but engine don’t warm up over 50°C so it’s not ideal for a track day car.

No you want be able to do a stepper motor with the V3/4 plug-in, it doesnt have Aux 5 or 7 available or the ECU hold power circuit to reset the idle valve after power off.  

I dont know the interchangeability of the various manifolds/throttles/idle valves for the early EJ's very well so cant off much advice on the hardware, but you will need a 2 or three-wire idle valve.

On 2/10/2024 at 1:57 PM, Adamw said:

No you want be able to do a stepper motor with the V3/4 plug-in, it doesnt have Aux 5 or 7 available or the ECU hold power circuit to reset the idle valve after power off.  

I dont know the interchangeability of the various manifolds/throttles/idle valves for the early EJ's very well so cant off much advice on the hardware, but you will need a 2 or three-wire idle valve.

Is there any issue setting the stepper to reset at key on instead of using a hold power to reset at power off?

those steppers are a pain , even if they work

i bypassed many of them , just block them and cut a groove in the rubber

use idle ignition or rotational idle as a solution if its not a road car

you can setup a virtual aux with ect temp >78°c as activation for example