Error 75 - Out of Sync Throttle Target / TPS

kiwi-racer

Im running a LS3, with a stock GM Electronic Throttle Body

I have tried many different settings from Link Default Tunes, Other Forums, etc and I can not get rid of the TPS Target Errors.  This log's from a Dyno run, where it faulted on the acceleration and also deceleration.  

In this log you will see the ECU Fault Code 75: E-Throtte 1 TPS|/Target Error

I have tried another Throttle Body (Aftermarket one, same issues). 

Im really struggling to work out what's wrong here, of course if I change the fault delay, it's better, but still exists. 

Has anyone else got the GM Throttle Body working with their G5, Im using Aux9/10 to drive the PWM

Here's the Tune https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ydmkftipu7l9qc6o4tvw2/2024-03-20-LS-BMW-G5-After-Dyno.pcl5?rlkey=kypwpb5g653cnbry1gy1kxjzt&dl=0

Here's the Log https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iscrkqk5oqle45v2eik5d/PC-Datalog-2024-03-20-2-37-22-died-pm.llg5?rlkey=hxa1x7nq16bybrli1qy3pu7pd&dl=0

We are heading to the track Friday, so really need to get this sorted. 

You're going to need to clear your fault codes and take a log in which the error occurs as the attached log doesn't show it failing. Setting the PID Setup to E-Throttle 1 will help by showing what your PID is doing.

Setting your Fault delay longer will make it take longer to fault but this is possibly just hiding the issue.

This one was earlier, not on the dyno.. when trying to fix this, I don't have the exact e-Throttle tune to match..

But see how it was on the decel 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/k32bqc6xcmivutufyw2p4/PC-Datalog-2024-03-20-2-34-23-died2-pm.llg5?rlkey=hapcc1fin8tolrcddn3o186rm&dl=0

And another..  :-) 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mvb3nvomylat5f7wa04j1/PC-Datalog-2024-03-20-2-10-05-pm-bad-3.llg5?rlkey=hesgjs1tysxxneb6a3245lmij&dl=0

I did not have the Pid on, I can do that in the morning..  

ha an issue with a 70mm alloytech v6 throttle not tracking target and would rapidly  hunt returning to idle position on decel once it heat soaked a bit on the dyno , from memory we increased the frequency to  around 700hz and reduced derivative seemed to  sort it out

3 minutes ago, cws_nz said:

ha an issue with a 70mm alloytech v6 throttle not tracking target and would rapidly  hunt returning to idle position on decel once it heat soaked a bit on the dyno , from memory we increased the frequency to  around 700hz and reduced derivative seemed to  sort it out

Thanks for the idea,  we are at 500hz,  I have tried it a 4000 hz,  but am considering going higher - is the max 10,000hz ? 

this is where im at currently on the 70mm gm throttle(hitachi part) its running pretty  happy  and tracks target  well 

image.png.ce0ed290fe3bb03443d50c588fd016aa.png

image.png.f42abd11d95cc551911405e8c777f943.png

with just a basic target table 

image.png.5b8e09cf01532788dd7ba7aa44448243.png

With PID tuning, if you have an oscillation and the peaks and troughs of the process variable (TPS) are exactly in or out of phase with the output (motor DC) it usually means too much proportional.  Pink lines added to your log below to show what I mean.  Oscillation from I or D will introduce a phase shift in opposite directions. 

So, you have too much P in this log:

2m5pL3V.png 

Here are the E-throttle settings from our LS3 race car which controls pretty reasonable.  

vQx7W3F.png

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

With PID tuning, if you have an oscillation and the peaks and troughs of the process variable (TPS) are exactly in or out of phase with the output (motor DC) it usually means too much proportional.  Pink lines added to your log below to show what I mean.  Oscillation from I or D will introduce a phase shift in opposite directions. 

So, you have too much P in this log:

2m5pL3V.png 

Here are the E-throttle settings from our LS3 race car which controls pretty reasonable.  

vQx7W3F.png

Thanks Adam,

I did use your LS tune values (the values above) and still got errors, we will start with your LS3 settings and we will look at the oscillation and tune P, - see how that goes

Thank You for the quick replies to everyone !