Link Thunder Load Axis issue

T4700

Hi,

I try to setup the load Axis (MPG) in my Link Thunder 5.5.6.29.26/1.9. Starting from -80, -60, -40, -20, 0 and than up to 300.

After I save the Axis, PCLink changes the values to -79, -59, -39, -19, 0...

When  I change only the -79 back to - 80 and save again, Link PC changes the values to -79, -58, -38, -18, 0...

When  I change only the -79 back to - 80 and save again, Link PC changes the values to -79, -57, -37, -17, 0...

Also when I just use init Axis in Axis setup. Axis Setup enters correct values -100, -80, -60, -40, -20, 0. But after saving it is -99, -79,  -59, -39, -19, 0 :-/

Also when I just change the RPM Axis and leave the Load Axis alone. After saving, the negative part of the Load Axis is always decresed by -1 every time I save. So when I save enough times, they become zero automatically.

What is going on here??

best regards...

FIXED IN 3012

LINK mpg.jpg

LINK mpg z.jpg

LTARG.jpg

Edited by T4700
also in Lambda Target Table

Second Load Axis issue.

When I try to setup Load Axis for Waste Gate Duty Cycle

If I choose Axis Setup and klick on a value f.e. 100, the Popup window opens correctly to enter new value

If I choose Init Axis, the Load Axis is genereted automatically up to 200. But when I click on the 200, no Popup window but the value changes direktly to 220.

If I click again on the 220, the value becomes 240.

If I klcik on the 240, the Popup window opens correctly to enter new value...  dont understand that behaviour..

FIXED IN 3012

WG1.jpg

WG2.jpg

WG3.jpg

WG4.jpg

Edited by T4700

Alright, I've found a solution for the first one, it's a PCLink bug that only happens while you're offline.

So the work around for now is to set up your axis values online, then you can jump offline and carry on.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm disappointed we didn't catch this one in testing. I'll submit this one for testing and get the fix public ASAP. It'll probably come with the English-Japanese release in the next few days.

I'll have a look into the 2nd one too.

Thanks T4700!

Thanks for fast reply :)...

yesterday I was wondering about some other things.

- > suddenly my MAP-Axis in Fuel Table1 was automaticaly cut.

I had a 22x20 Fuel table. I selected the Axis Setup

Allthough the Fuel table in the background had 20 MAP values -  only the negative values where visible in the Axis Setup.

After leaving the Axis setup, the Fuel table was cut to these remaining negative MAP values on MAP-Axis.

I was not able to repeat this, so I dont know what happened.

COULD STILL NOT REPEAT

- > Link allows to use a 700kPa MAP sensor and we need this because of max. 550kPa boost pressure in one application.

But in Engine Protection, the max MAP value is only 500kPa

Also in Closed Loop Lambda Control the max value for MAP loockout is 500 - but we use (and we still want to use) Lambda Control under full throttle/full boost!

Maybe there are other tables that allow only 500kPa despite of using a 700KpA MAP sensor...

best regards

NOT FIXED IN 3012 - STILL PRESENT

Edited by T4700

I'll ask David if he can look into the first issue you mentioned (axis setup - negative values).

We are happy to review the maximum MAP values for the MAP Limit and Closed Loop Lambda. Let us know if you come across any other tables or settings you find are too low for your application.

A bit different issue but with the newest firmware. I can´t get graphic view visible at the same time with grid view on fuel table or ignition table etc. And while looking at the graphic view only, the visibility is very blurred and can´t see any values. This all when offline. Haven´t tested online yet. 

Edited by Sutkale

yesterday I was wondering about some other things.

- > suddenly my MAP-Axis in Fuel Table1 was automaticaly cut.

I had a 22x20 Fuel table. I selected the Axis Setup

Allthough the Fuel table in the background had 20 MAP values -  only the negative values where visible in the Axis Setup.

After leaving the Axis setup, the Fuel table was cut to these remaining negative MAP values on MAP-Axis.

I was not able to repeat this, so I dont know what happened.

This may very well be related to what I fixed, I'll take another look and see if anything jumps out.

Cheers

A bit different issue but with the newest firmware. I can´t get graphic view visible at the same time with grid view on fuel table or ignition table etc. And while looking at the graphic view only, the visibility is very blurred and can´t see any values. This all when offline. Haven´t tested online yet. 

I'm preparing a video that covers how to work with the new graphic view.

Can you post a screenshot of your graphic view and a screenshot of your Help>About window too please?

I have same Axis problem on a Fury ecu .  -79, -69, -59 etc  

Regards

Jim

Hey Jim, yeah this is a PCLink bug, so it'll show up in all basemaps while you're offline.

Edited by EngineeringDave

Same issue in Trim Tables for negative Ignition values. Not in Axis but in table values... allways 0.5 lower than it should be... (I type in -10 and it changes to -9.5)

FIXED IN 3012

Edited by T4700

I will test this soon.. but first I want to prepare my whole startup config and a my loom adaptor..

But sure, I can do this online because I can run my all my ECUs on bench with external power supply.

But I hope there will be a fixed version soon ;-)

ANTI LAG ignition retard table has NO issue. If I type in -45 it will be -45. (ECU still offline)

NOW THE ISSUE IS PRESENT IN ANTI LAG IGNITION RETARD TABLE!

If you type in -45 it will be -44

Edited by T4700

This may very well be related to what I fixed, I'll take another look and see if anything jumps out.
Cheers

I'm preparing a video that covers how to work with the new graphic view.
Can you post a screenshot of your graphic view and a screenshot of your Help>About window too please?

Hey Jim, yeah this is a PCLink bug, so it'll show up in all basemaps while you're offline.

Here´s a screenshot from the graphic view that I see: 

screenshot_link_zps5csol83m.jpg

have a similary problem. After I finished tuning on 5.5.6 I downloaded 5.6.7 to add more than 25 ECU Logging channels. Unfortunately the GP 2 Limit y-axis (set up as Differential Fuel Pressure) is reduced to just one row and y-axis value is zero. If i try to put in other y-axis values, nothing changes.