Subaru V5-6 IAT

Simon Kribstock

26 minutes ago, Simon Kribstock said:

I have a v5 STi with OEM IAT. I bought a GM IAT and installed it just before the throttle body. Should I use the expansion connector or should I snip the OEM IAT and wire it to the GM IAT? 

You have both options, you can just use the oem wires and change calibration in the ecu. That's what I should do

Would the OEM IAT be routed to pin B136-19 on the main header? The manual says that pin is AN Temp 3 (V1.1 PCB only),which to me, suggests the OEM IAT but I have no way to confirm. Nothing is configured for AN Temp 3 on PCLink as this input is also on the expansion connector.

As far as our notes go, they say the V5/6 cars never had a factory fitted sensor so I dont know which pin your one would be connected to.  AN Temp 3 is available on both the expansion connector and B136-19, however as far as I know B136-19 was only chosen as it is normally just an unused spare pin.  You may be able to work out what pin your sensor is connected to by looking at wire colours.

I set AN temp 3 to IAT and sure enough it works. Matches ECT +/- 2 degrees. With that said, I’ll wire my GM IAT, mounted just prior to the TB, using the OEM IAT circuitry; unless otherwise advised.

I’m curious about AN temp 3 on my expansion connector now. How will that input work?