Does not work with crank/cam sensors M52

fluger

The problem is that the ECU does not work with the crankshaft sensor and camshaft M52B28. In the settings of the triggers indicated the type of sensors M52. The first triger was designated as a hall sensor, the second trigger was indicated as inductive. Engine does not start
The test of the injectors did everything OK, the ignition test is also OK, and when you twist the motor, there is no spark. At the input of the crankshaft sensor, the pulses are normal, they were viewed by an oscilloscope.

Help me.

Simple question:  Have you input the unlock code into the ecu? 

Without the unlock code the ecu will not register RPM and without that it will not fire the injectors or coils.

I have had some experience with the m52 motors.  Some times they have 2 mag sensors instead of one mag and one hall.  Would need to see the sensors to know for sure.

Also go ahead and post a .pcl file and a log of the engine not starting.

On the engine can you confirm that you have a 60-2 crank trigger and that the sensor is a Hall sensor.

On the CAM for the M52 mode we are expecting a hall sensor also and a single tooth.

I would try trigger 2 set as Hall with pullup turned on.

Then do a trigger capture and post here so we can check the pattern.

Try this.

Load the attached cal file. 

View the run time values by hitting F12. And then view the triggers tab in the run time values.  Verify that both trig 1 and 2 are turning green and show OK.

You will then need to sync the timing with a timing light to verify that the engine timing and the ecu timing match.

The only thing that I changed in your cal was that one of the triggers was set up as a reluctor sensor.  The help file shows that the M52 is "supposed to be" 2 hall sensors. So I changed it to that.

Which exact ecu is this?  And please post some logs of the work so we can see if anything else is screwy.

Fluger BMW E36 G4+MyConf B.pclr

You do not have the right information, on the motor M52B28 (single vanos) the sensor of the camshaft has always been magnetic type. In the M52B28 TU (double vanos) the hall sensor.

Please post a trigger scope like Simon asked for earlier then no one has to guess what your engine has.  Here is a video (poor quality sound sorry) how to use the triggerscope feature: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPjDE8OgHfIlphsFpR

Also I dont see it mentioned above, what do you have for coils and ignitors?

On Tuesday I'll install the camshaft hall sensor from M50TU and try to start the engine again. I hope I succeed. It's bad that the manual was not described that the ECU can not work with the sensor from the M52.