G4x xtreme

Steve Bull

will the new ecu be able to store its trim map so you dont have to plug your laptop in everytime before you turn the ecu off. The Power commander i have on my bike continuously updates a fuel trim map then when your ready plug in your lap top to except fuel trims. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/18/2020 at 8:45 AM, Steve Bull said:

One question on the computer side of things my laptop will not run the software. Whats the minimum spec for a laptop/operating system to run the software and new ECU. 

Steve, what do you mean by "wont run the software"? What do you have for a laptop?  Is it crashing or something else?  I have tried it on my piss weak dell venue tablet with Atom processor that can barely open a web page and it runs PC link fine.

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

Steve, what do you mean by "wont run the software"? What do you have for a laptop?  Is it crashing or something else?  I have tried it on my piss weak dell venue tablet with Atom processor that can barely open a web page and it runs PC link fine.

My laptop is an old Dell inspiration  but running Windows XP. The  first G4+ PC Link software runs but later updates don't, its the same story for the new G4X PC Link software. 

The error is "PCLink.exe - Entry Point Not Found"    

"The procedure entry point Register Power SettingNotification could not be located in the dynamic link libary USER 32.DLL,"

I think it may be just as its running XP and not Windows 10 as its got enough processor speed and memory. Looks like i will have to get a newer laptop or attempt a Windows XP to Windows 7 to Windows 8 to Windows 10 and hopefully not loose all my data. 

2 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

one thing not being said here, and misleading on the Link website, is that the new G4x extreme is loosing the peak and hold injector function.  So the injector drives are back to being saturated drivers for high impedance injectors.

Sorry Brad, is there somewhere it says they have P&H?

2 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

It doesnt bother me.  I just like to be informed so im not over selling the product.  

Also i was under the impression that with G4x everything was the same, just updated processor due to the previous micro ending life.  

Ooof....Marketing....Cheers I've emailed them

A lot of the PCLink software is visually very similar, the biggest difference being that unlike in G4+ where you go to the aux/DI/anv pin and then set what it is you now go to the function and select what pins that function is using.

I recommend just having a play with the software, have a look through all the features and read the help manual if you are unsure what something does.

I also recommend using the new asynchronous injection function (under Fuel Main) which greatly reduces the need for accel fuel and is a lot faster to react than traditional accel fuel.