engine misfire when Di3 activated

ykchong4

i've strange problem with the Di3, which is the button to control high/low boost. When the Di3 activated, the engine start misfire, i've check through parameters (F12) but i cant find cause to the misfire. 
i'm try switch off the Di3 (unselect the boost function link to this input), but still have the misfire problem when button pressed.
please help, thanks.

misfire.llgx misfire.pclx full log.csv

The misfire problem gone after swap Di3 to Di7.
for the Output Ignition 4, when setup the ignition system to direct spark, ignition 1 to 4 will automatic configure for coil 1-4, and the ignition 4 can't assign to other pin. So far the engine running good and no misfire with ignition4 set to ignition coil 4.

Ignition 4 is connected to another circuit that will make it behave different to the other ignition outputs.  You will potentially get different dwell, different spark timing and random sparks or misfires under some conditions on this output.  Do not use it for ignition, it is not suitable even if you think it is running ok now.  

You will have to re-wire the coils to fire in wasted spark pairs.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 8:41 AM, Adamw said:

Ignition 4 is connected to another circuit that will make it behave different to the other ignition outputs.  You will potentially get different dwell, different spark timing and random sparks or misfires under some conditions on this output.  Do not use it for ignition, it is not suitable even if you think it is running ok now.  

You will have to re-wire the coils to fire in wasted spark pairs.  

Hi Adam, will this be solved?  Ign 5 and 6 have the same problem?

Its a hardware limitation on the Evo 3 plugin due to there being additional components attached to those outputs from the top board. 

It is something that can be looked at when the EVO 3 bottom board gets a redesign.

Ign 5 and 6 are direct to the XS header and have no additional hardware attached on the EVO 3 board.

If you are going to continue using the Evo 1-3 Plugin, you will need to go back to Wasted Spark.

It's disconnecting 2 wires (that currently go into IGN3 and IGN4) and combining them with the wires that go into IGN1 and IGN2.

It took me longer to write this post than it'll take you to change the wiring.