AFR Shenanigans

Coolbeans007

I have absolutely no tune on my 4age except for the startup map my wiring harness guy did. He told me to get an AFR gauge so I did. It's a AEM X gauge and it causing me some issues. My wiring harness has a wbo2 input with a white and brown wire but when connected to my sensor gauge it gets no input in the ecu. I'm running a monsoonX btw. The gauge reads 25 afr at idle but my idle doesnt work at all. Any help would be appreciated as the engine is brand new rebuilt.

Yes the input for the AFR is analog 3. I set it to that and changed the calibration to AEM X series. My wiring goes like this: power for the aem controller to a 12v source, ground for the controller to the grounds for the ecu, brown and white analog outputs from the controller to my harnesses wideband inputs. My lambda value on the controller says 1.0-1.2 but my software is telling me its in the .6s. Also after about 10 seconds of the links lambda gauge working the value jumps to 1.3 and doesnt change values unless I power off the gauge.

Yes here it is. I have 2 wires on my harness, one connects to the ecu and one goes to ground. I got it working but the ecu stops receiving values from the gauge. Plus the values are wrong. For example when started the gauge will read 1.2 lambda and the ecu will read .6 then after a while the ecu stops receiving data from the controller and it sticks to 1.3 lambda.

Adaptronic Adaptronic eMod012 & AEM UEGO O2 Sensor - RX7Club.com - Mazda  RX7 Forum

I ended up talking to my tuner and he remoted in and helped me tune it for a basic drive. He said I needed to check my wiring and that it was likely the connection or o2 sensor gauge/sensor.

edit: I checked my sensor and did a free air calibration. The afr changes by 5s just by reving. Im getting a new sensor but I didn't really like the x series gauge because of the useless aemnet functionality. I might get an analog only controller.

I use the AEM x-series quite a bit and try to use the AEMnet aka CAN input to the ecu instead of analog input whenever possible as it avoids the analog offset and drift issues associated with typical analog signals which can lead to fun times trying to make the gauge match the laptop.  It does require a little more fiddling with the ecu settings to make it work right than an analog input requires, but is quite good once it's set.