Help with Ecumaster PMU + Keypad setup

George GEP

Hello, can anybody support with ECUMaster PMU and Keypad installation setup?

does it work with Link at all?

any success?

i'm running Link G4x Storm on my car for which i got PMU and 12 key keypad.

would need assistance with setting it up and make it work.

thanks in advance

engine start etc is straight forward  in the pmu setup , nothing to do with the engine ecu setup

for fans i would send out can DI , you can also set the ect on the can but the pmu software isnt that handy with hysterises etc 

i found everything i needed in the manual , also the CAN-bus course from HPacademy is great when you're new to canbus setups

1 hour ago, George GEP said:

i would like to use outputs fan, fuel pump, meth injection etc 

so i want to get rid of Relays and use PMU instead

as well as attach keypad for engine start etc functions

you can setup CAN messages, I haven't tried that yet but you can also simply take the outputs your currently sending from the ecu to the relays and run them into the PMU as the trigger for the PMU outputs. 

If you attach your ECU and PDM config I will set up some basics as examples to work from.  There is not normally much needed, typically Fan & fuel pump requests, maybe E-throttle relay and starter control if you want that and then one or two processed button statuses from the PDM/keypad.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:23 PM, Adamw said:

If you attach your ECU and PDM config I will set up some basics as examples to work from.  There is not normally much needed, typically Fan & fuel pump requests, maybe E-throttle relay and starter control if you want that and then one or two processed button statuses from the PDM/keypad.

Adam does the E throttle relay output from ecu have to be dedicated Aux out from ecu to pdm, or can it be configured via a CAN request?

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 12:23 AM, Adamw said:

Hello, can you help me with the same thing? I need can-info from G4+s to PMU16.   Fuelpump, fans etc

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes, attach your tune and PDM config and a list of what you want over CAN

BMW M3 Turbo.pclr

1.pmu

I have not done coils, injectors etc etc, i want to have control of the CAN first.

I need

-fuelpump signal.

- ect/fans

- rpm

Must i do the same thing to use the Ecumaster ADU7 rev2 dash?

Thanks.

Fuel pump and fan are sent as virtual aux 1 & 2.  This means all fuel pump and fan logic is done is ECU (prime, temperature settings etc). You probably dont need RPM and ECT sent to PDM but I have added them anyway.

I also set up as an example a "High boost" button on the keypad, this is sent to the ecu and changes the boost table. 

10 hours ago, Turbokarlsen said:

Must i do the same thing to use the Ecumaster ADU7 rev2 dash?

I have set the ecu to transmit the generic dash stream.  In the ADU project tree you just need to go >add>import CANx file, then choose the Link ECU generic dash file.  Make sure the Dash CAN is set to 500K to match everything else.

BMWM3Turbo CAN PDM.pclr Example.pmu

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Fuel pump and fan are sent as virtual aux 1 & 2.  This means all fuel pump and fan logic is done is ECU (prime, temperature settings etc). You probably dont need RPM and ECT sent to PDM but I have added them anyway.

I also set up as an example a "High boost" button on the keypad, this is sent to the ecu and changes the boost table. 

I have set the ecu to transmit the generic dash stream.  In the ADU project tree you just need to go >add>import CANx file, then choose the Link ECU generic dash file.  Make sure the Dash CAN is set to 500K to match everything else.

BMWM3Turbo CAN PDM.pclr 146.29 kB · 0 downloads Example.pmu 3.57 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, i hope i can make this work :)

I also have a battery isolator (ecumaster) must it be on the same bus as the usb to can box? I now have them on different can bus. 1&2

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2022 at 4:11 PM, Adamw said:

BMWM3Turbo CAN PDM.pclr 146.29 kB · 30 downloads Example.pmu 3.57 kB · 23 downloads

is it me or you are sending the high boost CAN DIG on ID 1200 and receiving on ID 1634? 

Yep you are right, receive 2 should be 1200.  ECUmaster has a keypad status broadcast feature with a default ID of 0x662 so it looks like I must have originally been going to use that to transmit the boost button status then changed my mind for some reason.