fuel level sender

Wheelspk

hello, 

i have a evo 8 with a bullet proof racing twin intank dublepumper with oem level that attatched to the bpr dublepumper. 

i get perfectly fine reading on the oem dash, but im going to install a digital dash and i want too get fuel level reading in it. 

do i need to wire in my fuel level sender to the the ecu auxiliary input?  or digital inout?  i got both of the looms attached to the ecu. 

i have the instructions of how to setup the stream (attached) but i do not know how to wire the sender to the ecu. 

if anyine can help it would be highly appreciated. 

thanks

Screenshot_20220422-025022_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-025034_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-025046_Drive.jpg

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

It will need to be wired to an analog input and you will need to build a pull-up and filter circuit to slow the signal down so you dont just see the fuel sloshing around.

gusW3f8.png

thanks for the reply, damn this looks complicated with my limited knowledge with wiring :/

No real elegant way to do it.  No matter how you spin it I think one pin is always going to end up with a wire and 3 components connected so it is going to get crowded.  I would probably just solder it all and seal under some SCL, it would end up pretty small.   Could possibly use something like this: https://rkde.ecwid.com/RKDE-Inline-Board-p353957369

Note this is only needed with G4+ and older ecu's, with G4X you dont need the RC filter as it can be filtered with a math block instead.  

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

No real elegant way to do it.  No matter how you spin it I think one pin is always going to end up with a wire and 3 components connected so it is going to get crowded.  I would probably just solder it all and seal under some SCL, it would end up pretty small.   Could possibly use something like this: https://rkde.ecwid.com/RKDE-Inline-Board-p353957369

Note this is only needed with G4+ and older ecu's, with G4X you dont need the RC filter as it can be filtered with a math block instead.  

I pondered this quite a bit yesterday and Im pretty sure i have a mildly elegant way to accomplish this. 

It is going to be on a G4+ Thunder, so I'm kinda stuck needing it. 

Ill have the capacitor here today and will post a pic once i have it all assembled.

Adam, do you think you could post an example of the necessary math block for filtering the fuel level on a X?

Probably many ways to do it, but below would work.   Fuel level raw is value coming from the sensor.  Fuel level filtered is the parameter you would send to the dash or whatever. 

The equation av(a, 60) would sample the fuel level raw 20 times over 60 seconds and return the average of those samples.  

7wXfd30.png

vGIE0Jn.png