TPS question..

k4nnon

Link G4X PnP for evo 9. Iv recently noticed while watching logs, that my TPS% randomly bounced back and forward from 0 to 0.1 and sometimes 0.2 while the throttle is closed at idle with no throttle input. Is this a common thing/issue. Will this slight change in reading effect the way the car runs? Might it possibly be a sensor adjustment and rescale that fixes the issue or is it even something to worry about? 

As always thanks for any input!!!!

25 minutes ago, Confused said:

Ideally you don't want this, it should sit bang on 0.0% at idle.

Perform another TPS calibration and hopefully that'll sort it.

Thanks for the input. Iv done a few recalibrations and it still seems to do it. im thinking i might need to reclock  my tps sensor and then recal. ill give that a try. 

Thanks for the input!!

12 minutes ago, remski2 said:

Mine jumps as well by about 0.2% ...

I thought thats what the deadband setting is for... 

Hey Thanks,, That may be correct, I have not tried to adjust any of those settings as of yet so i will look into this as well..

Thanks!!

59 minutes ago, k4nnon said:

Thanks for the input. Iv done a few recalibrations and it still seems to do it. im thinking i might need to reclock  my tps sensor and then recal. ill give that a try. 

Thanks for the input!!

Hey Thanks,, That may be correct, I have not tried to adjust any of those settings as of yet so i will look into this as well..

Thanks!!

I'd re-clock only if your volt readings are not within specs...  0.5V - 4.5V I believe.. otherwise I dont think it will make any difference.

45 minutes ago, remski2 said:

I'd re-clock only if your volt readings are not within specs...  0.5V - 4.5V I believe.. otherwise I dont think it will make any difference.

Thanks, I reclocked the sensor just to rule out if that effects anything or not. Im not thinking its going to change anything but ill post up if it does. My Closed/Open voltages pre adjustment were .77 to 4.98 and after they are more reasonable at .56 to 4.81. After recall closed TP is 0.0 now and 100 for full open. Have not driven it yet to see if it stays...

Evo's tend to do this in my experience, their sensor ground circuit must be connected to something that creates a variable ground offset.  Mine is 0.0% without the engine running and 0.2% with engine running.  

Just check the average TPS Delta runtime at idle then set your accel deadband above this so it doesnt trigger accel enrichment at idle.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 4:43 PM, Adamw said:

Evo's tend to do this in my experience, their sensor ground circuit must be connected to something that creates a variable ground offset.  Mine is 0.0% without the engine running and 0.2% with engine running.  

Just check the average TPS Delta runtime at idle then set your accel deadband above this so it doesnt trigger accel enrichment at idle.  

Hey thanks i will check my values and give this a try!!