Link keypad on G4+

Wiks

Hi team,

I've got the xtreme v5/6 wrx plugin and I'm wondering if i purchase the new link keypads with canbus, will it work with my ecu? 

I've been told I may need a pcm in between the ecu and the keypad? 

I'm wanting to setup:

Hi lo boost switch

Latched launch control (rolling launch)

Anti lag and basic launch control

Can someone tell me what I would need to make this work? 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, jdniss said:

I suspect the G4X platform has a robust enough CAN config to support the Link CAN keypad without a PDM, unlike the G4+ ?

Its not so much the CAN configuration that is the problem - it is more so the control functionality.  A CAN keypad is just a dumb device with no brain.  So the device that it is connected to has to perform all the control and logic - ie, switching functions for button presses such as latch/toggle/momentary/set/reset/count up/down/increase boost/decrease boost etc, functions to control the backlight colours and brightness, functions to control the button LEDs and colours and switch them based on settings, button presses or statuses of other functions, then a whole lot of random stuff such as error checking and fail safes etc so that if for example a CAN wire gets chopped in an accident, you need the ecu to be aware so it doesnt just keep spraying fuel since the last button press it saw was "fuel on".

G4+ doesnt have any of this required keypad functionality.  G4X has a dedicated keypad menu with settings for all of these functions which are built in to the firmware. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've successfully got customers using the CAN keypad on link G4+, I've got it working with both Latching and momentary button functionality too.

We use the Blink Marine Keypad and load their "Motorsport" firmware, this gives you multiple outputs on the CAN stream, and depending on what logic you want to use (Momentary, Latching, 3 Pos or 4 Pos) You ask the link to listen on a different CAN address for the button presses.

This essentially puts the button press type back on the Keypad, not the ECU.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 4:00 AM, goddess7 said:

I was able to get the can keypad working perfectly with my Link G4+.
I also use the "Motorsport" firmware provided by Blink Marine.

I don't use PDM. Keypad is connected to the ECU via CAN.

Very nice, can you share your Config ?

• 3 months later...

I have the firmware and programming software for the 4 or 8 button keypads, I dont currently have it for the 12 button but can probably get it.  But you will need a Peak or Kvaser CAN tool to do the programming.  Otherwise you can order one pre-programed direct from blink.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 2:54 PM, Teong said:

Hi Adam , 

okay , would you able to do the programming if we purchase new one from link in nz ? 

btw do you have guide to how to do the programming ? 

thank you

teong

I am also interessted in :) 

• 3 weeks later...

You should be able to order direct from Blink.  Im not keen to attempt any more as I bricked the last one.  Blink apparently recently changed the microprocessor on the 12button ones and they never mentioned the new micro is not compatible with the motorsport firmware when they gave it to me...  It has to go all the way back to Italy to be fixed now.  

14 hours ago, Skeeed3r said:

which Protocoll i need ? CanOpen or J1939

The motorsport version is neither.  Manual attached.  

An example map attached, this was for a 4 button keypad, the 4 button statuses are received as CAN Dig 1-4.  Button 1-3 are latched action, button 4 is momentary.  Flashing LED when button 2 is on, solid LED's on the others. 

Some adjustments you can make:

YnSa2ma.png

G4+ with 4 button blink motorsport keypad.pclr PKP2200SI_MS_UM_REV1.2.pdf