Altezza Cluster on AE86 Speedo

saif.mansour

Hi, I have an AE86 with an altezza engine in it (3SGE beams). I will be running it soon on monsoon ecu. I'm thinking of installing the altezza cluster on the AE86, but speedo signal is sent from the transmission to another traction/ABS box then sent to the cluster. Will it be possible to send the signal from the speed sensor on the transmission to the Link ECU and then serial data signal could be sent to the cluster? and will it work with the coolant temperature too? Excuse my question if it's basic, but I'm still new to standalones. Thanks!

AFAIK, only the the AltezzaLink Plugin ECU has the electronics to convert CAN bus data to the Toyota proprietary data bus, so the Altezza gauge cluster would not work with a Monsoon (I also thought about this before, but not possible).
Speed sensor you can connect to a DI so it can be viewed/logged in PCLink.

Iv done a couple conversions with the 3sge beams and j160, with both factory ecu and a monsoon, both times we have fitted a mechanical  drive and run speedo  cable in old 80s toyotas (83 corona &  86 starlet), factory  ecu doesnt seem to care it has no speed signal. SQ engineering sell the mechanical drive kit for the j160, also available from toyota if you  can find someone helpful  in parts cant remember the part numbers we got off hand. we fitted the additional factory  temp  and oil sensors the dash needed along side the ecu sensors,  and I  modified the the tach by  putting in a lower resistance primary signal input resistor so  it would read a low level signal form the ecu

from memory the altezza plug in has specific control board setup to  be able to  communicate with the toyota BEAN system, adam  will  be able to  confirm, pretty sure the wire ins cant talk  toyota   BEAN

20 hours ago, orlando bello said:

You manage to communicate on  toyota  Can Bean network.? I have a Altezza with a 1jzgte swap going Link fury gx4 to do soon .

You will need to use the Altezza plug-in or one of the 3rd party BEAN converters.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys at link ecu.i been doing the harness for the Toyota altezza 1jzgte swap with a link fury x question I will be using the link Can gauge and also the Can bean converter for the dash and A/c system .my question Link Can gauge to link fury x to Can 1 and Bean Can converter to link Can 2 or the other way around.