lambda target axis setup vs fuel table

efi265

HI so im now running flex fuel and wanting to setup lambda target table 2 my fuel table goes from -100 to 260 mgp but there's not as many columns in the lambda table whats the go for this please ? i obviously dont want to break  it .Link g4+ xtreme 

want to limit it to 20 psi boost i have the map limit set to 242 kpa mgp

thanks

Hey this is a pretty easy fix. Example from my car, I set my target table up in multiples of 5. So 5, 10, 15, 20, all the way to 45psi. And for the rpm side I use 500rpm increments to 3000rms and then jump to 1000rpm increments to 9000 and then fill out my table with my targets. Your table wont be the same but you can set it up similarly by skipping portions of the map that will have the same targets. In my case from 20psi-45psi and 5500-9000rpms, my taget is the same, so that whole portion of the map can be shortened to only a couple cells because the ecu will know that the requested target is the same in that region. I hope that makes sense or helps out somehow.

A fuel map requires more resolution as there are often non-linear features and lumps and bumps in VE due to scavenging and resonance etc, you dont have any of these distortions for a target.  In most cases you could probably get away with 6 cells or less for the target table. 

FYI MGP of 242kpa is 343kpa MAP or 34psi of boost.  Normally set your map limit to about 25kpa over your desired so you don't actually hit it's soft cut limit or hysteresis values when there is some noise on the map signal.  I notice this usually happens about 3psi before the actual limit set in simple cut mode. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, efi265 said:

o o shit so im shooting for 34psi o dear

No so be aware of the difference between MGP (gauge pressure or what you and I would call boost pressure) and MAP (manifold absolute pressure aka boost + 14.5 psi). 

in your example 

MGP axis = actual boost = 20 psi 

MAP axis (eg: setting up safety limits) = absolute pressure = 34.5 psi 

MGP of 20psi is 141 kpa - your post said you were setting a limit of 242kpa MGP which perhaps was a typo.  However, if you want to see a maximum of 20psi boost before the map limit - I would recommend setting your MAP limit to 250-260kpa as the cut will come in a few psi before the limit value.