2jz would not rev out

kevin p

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue; the engine would not rev pass 2k and it seem like it will not go pass 14.7 map as well. This one has me stump. Map and log file attach.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tOtj5MRxmAl3ZZUzHQXGuNQGLSrP0rID/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ViX0wJjPVNsrdjD0uxY1GMeBxavWaEBU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Before I've seen this reply, I turned oof the fuel pump control and it works fine. I was planning on changing it to PW control and set up a table for it. 

I will try screen shot you in your reply tomorrow as well. Will let you know how it works.

Thanks

9 hours ago, koracing said:

:huh: Why are people trying to tune without a wideband?

I you can't tell an engine is lean when free revving then you shouldn't be tuning.

2 minutes ago, kevin p said:

Before I've seen this reply, I turned oof the fuel pump control and it works fine. I was planning on changing it to PW control and set up a table for it. 

I will try screen shot you in your reply tomorrow as well. Will let you know how it works.

Thanks

10 hours ago, koracing said:

:huh: Why are people trying to tune without a wideband?

I you can't tell an engine is lean when free revving then you shouldn't be tuning.

Have been talking to Jose about this just now, set it to open loop pwm control instead of 2 speed relay control.

On 9/12/2023 at 6:08 PM, kevin p said:

Am I understanding then that you *could* have connected a wideband, but chose not to to prove you're a tuner?  I find more information is more useful than less.  To each their own.