PCLink G5 UI graphical bugs

jdniss

On 6/2/2024 at 6:05 PM, JMP said:

I get the glitches on a G5 voodoo on a variety of Win10 and Win11 laptops

@JMP is this via USB, WiFi or 'Auto' connection methods?

On 5/29/2024 at 10:16 PM, Adamw said:

The next software release I think will probably be available in the next few days is my guess.  There are no guarantees it will solve any graphics issue however, I dont think any of us at link have even seen it let alone can reproduce it so its still a big unknown.  

A little bit of positive news in relation to the latest 7.3.11 release available from 31/05 @Vaughan, @Adamw

Specifically with the USB connection method - I can no longer replicate the issue - both Offline and Online connected to the ECU.

image.png.40f4c538178a7009add027dae1ecdea6.png

Tested over the weekend both Offline on the Desktop and Online connected to the G4X ECU running the car on/off logging for 2hrs or so;
No graphical issues present when loading PCLX maps, loading log files, forcefully disconnecting comms prior to engine shutoff, or switching between metric / imperial units.

However, I've found the issue is still present if the Software is configured for either Auto or WiFi connection methods.
Effectively any connection method that may cause the "Search for ECU" overlay prompt to show - still causes the graphical glitches.

image.thumb.png.5aaa3b4e8491a057e97922cc5c7c2eb2.png

Thanks

Okay well so far...

No pop-up screen..

Auto connection seems to be working as it should..

No weird graphical glitches that I have seen as of yet..

And even though I wasn't posting about it the software doesn't seem to be locking up anymore either..(That's been a thing for me for a couple different software versions)