CAN Wideband into G4X StormX

Synthstain

To preface, I tried covering all sources to find an answer on this topic but couldn't find anything definitive. I'm not a tuner and I'm new to standalones as a whole, just trying to learn as I go!

I've picked up an AEM Wideband to wire into my G4X StormX and had plans to simply wire it into an analog input however, I read that a CAN input would be best suited for this and I just so happened to buy a CAN bus compatible wideband.

My question is now, what terminals am I wiring to on the G4X to communicate on the CAN bus? 

Thanks in advance!

If all you're wiring up is just the wideband it will work fine without a terminating resistor on the bus, but more than one device on the bus a terminating resistor is obligatory.  On the StormX you'll need the wire-in pins for the CAN connections, or the CANSS expansion harness - CAN H is on B Loom connector pin 27, and CAN L is B Loom Connector Pin 28.

https://linkecu.com/documentation/StormXQuickstartGuideG4X.pdf

https://dealers.linkecu.com/ADA_4

19 hours ago, koracing said:

If all you're wiring up is just the wideband it will work fine without a terminating resistor on the bus, but more than one device on the bus a terminating resistor is obligatory.  On the StormX you'll need the wire-in pins for the CAN connections, or the CANSS expansion harness - CAN H is on B Loom connector pin 27, and CAN L is B Loom Connector Pin 28.

https://linkecu.com/documentation/StormXQuickstartGuideG4X.pdf

https://dealers.linkecu.com/ADA_4

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks a ton man! I ordered some wire-in pins already to wire in the wideband to An Volt so I'm good to go there.

I'm actually looking into changing from the AEM wideband sensors to the Link CAN ones. If I'm running two O2 sensors, how would I wire them in? The CANSS expansion harness only has one plug on it. Would I get two of those harnesses and splice them together into the same pins?

On CAN bus you can wire multiple sensors if you daisy chain or y-split the signals.  You could use two CAN SS Harnesses but Link does make a can splitter cable that might work better/cleaner running one leg to each lambda.  What problems are you having with the AEM widebands?  Are they not CAN based (x-series) widebands?

In the CAN settings window you will need to reassign the ID for one of the lambda before plugging both in I believe as they default to position 1.  You will also need to add a 120 ohm terminating resistor to one of the legs of the bus (the longer one if one leg is longer).

Good call on the can splitter cable, definitely makes things cleaner. My AEM sensors are the older kinds, not the new x-series ones. they don't seem to be very reliable. part number 30-2310. The new AEM 30-0310 X-series sensors are good bit cheaper than the Link Can o2 sensors. Would you recommend just sticking to the AEM ones?

also, if using the splitter harness, how would I go about wiring in the terminating resistor? I may want to just add the Link CAN gauge (101-0226) also, which means I don't think I need to wire in a resistor, but then I need another CAN splitter?

Yes if you add the CAN gauge it does have a terminating resistor.  I have a car I just installed an AEM x-series wideband and the Link CAN gauge on this week using a single splitter harness and it's working flawlessly.  Splitting twice with two splitter harnesses should work just fine.  You do have to convert the gauge to 500kbps (Link 500k setting in the gauge setup app).  Personally I use the AEM CAN widebands quite a bit and have had zero issues.