DBW issue

golf-2

Hello,

about the dbw throttle, an error called aps tracking error , i made calibrate for the aps many times, the signal read well but after ride the car for minutes , suddnly the throttle hold to 7% until i shut down the engine and start it again, the throttle worked well

any experience about this error??

Edited by golf-2

You may need to manually set up the throttle voltages.

I have had many issues with using the autocalibrate for the dbw.

Basically look at the run time values list, and manually actuate the dbw throttle blade and note the high and low voltages.  Then when you go to dbw tps calibrate, you simply input the numbers that you recorded.

You will also need to verify that you have the main and sub sensors the correct way around.  If one of the sensors maxes out earlier, then that one will be the sub.  And you will need to notate the approximate tps main % that the sub maxes out at.

Good luck.

Brad

• 7 months later...

Reviving this thread. @Scott I'm getting this error. Once it's raised, the AP main and sub still give a voltage on actuating the throttle, but they won't move the the blade. Luckily I had my laptop with me both times it happened and after clearing the error I did a throttle calibration which is the only way to get things back to normal. This is on firmware 5.6.4 which I've now upgraded and done a new calibration of AP (automatically) and of the throttle.

Is there a way to clear the error and get back to working without having to do a full throttle calibration?

Any thoughts on what's causing this in the first place?

With the fault reoccurring that would indicate there is a drift in the voltages from the pedal that the ECU is seeing.

To check this you can log the voltages and see if they are changing over time for a known pedal position.

Go for a short drive while doing a PC log, include a couple of good stabs on the throttle if you can.  Attach that and your map here so we can see if there are any clues of what is causing the error.  It could be some bad wiring or a sensor starting to fail or just a bad calibration etc, it is hard to guess without some data.

How to do PC Log: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A

• 1 month later...

@Adamw Finally got this to happen while logging. Attached is map + log and below is a screenshot of the APS voltages just before it happened. Those don't look good, though they were tracking inline all the way before this snapshot.

Any idea what could be causing this? The sensor is out of Chevrolet. I picked it because it had the best physical dimensions for where I had to put it and how to activate it with the Tilton pedals. It's also a new one I installed this week to see if maybe I just had a bad sensor. Here's a link to the sensor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TYQAFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Car is a custom construction with 996 GT3 drivetrain.

VirtualBox_Windows_10_15_07_2017_19_52_3

Porsche GT3-M 2.3.pclr

Log 2017-07-15 6;10;54 pm.llg

They are not on the sensor connector itself, but I splice power and ground right before the connector into the sensor. 

It certainly looks like a sensor or wiring issue.  I cant see how the ECU could cause any drift like that.  I would say the simplest fix is two splice both APS analog inputs to the same sensor.  Perhaps not the absolute best option from a "fail safe" perspective but still quite commonly done and would quickly solve the issue.