Wiring Link 3-4 in Version 2 Gravel express

mattlee_52

Hi, I recently purchased a Link 3-4 for my car however my car carries 4 plugs instead of 3.... now I called u guys and someone said that it can be repinned so rather than shipping all the way back to Austraila from Jamaica Im gonna go through with it.... one thing I want to know though... I see ignition1 and ignition2 twice on the pinout... my ECU is supports the 4 coil system which is a sequential fire and has 4 ignition outputs while the version 3 has 2 but this ECU has 4 ignition outputs that's being used and also two more auxiliary outputs for a total of 6... so could I connect my two coils to that pin and run the sequential fire? Also what are the unused pins for in the ECU... would love if you guys could send me a full pinout of this ECU so I can get it in the car properly.... please and thanks!

You can make it work.  I have looked at the pinout in the help file and you are only missing the 12 pin connector on the ecu.

All the other connectors have the same pin number count, so moving pins around to match would be a very viable option.

I'm sure if you whisper sweet nothings into either @Adamw or @Simon ears, they may be inclined to send you their internal ecu pinouts to aid in the adaption.

Link is closed for holiday until 3rd Jan.  Send an email to tech @ linkecu.com.  I’m presently lying by a pool in Thailand with a cocktail in hand. I only have cell phone access so can’t help with pinouts from here.

Thanks for the response. However, I am fully aware of that but what I am asking is if I could use the extra Ignition 1 and 2 in the pinout to run my 2 coils. 

This means i would have Ignitions on pin 4 and 5 along with 17 and 18 which would make 4 ignition outputs. I am also aware of the other ignition outputs in the Aux but I want know if what I am asking is possible?

Thanks

Matt

On the V3/4 ECU ignition 1 and 2 are wired to 2 pins each and this makes for an easier conversion when used on a Legacy with single turbo conversion. And in this case you can run your four coils in wasted spark.