2GR-FE Wiring

DO1023

• 10 months later...

@Vaughan Thanks so much for all your help back then. I'm actually moving to the X now for a few reasons. I've rebuilt my map - would you mind taking a look to see if there's anything that stands out to you as particularly WRONG?

Thank you!

daniel_xtremex_new-1 (2).pclx final_ghostcam (1) (1).pclr

Only thing I spotted is that you're using Modelled mode but your Fuel table (Volumetric efficiency) values look more like a traditional fuel table, would expect more like 60 or 70% at idle and up around 100% at peak torque, @Adamw might be able to give you a good example.

You will also need to tune your charge temp table and you shouldn't need IAT Fuel Trim table or warmup enrichment table (i.e. set them to 0) because the charge temp table covers differing fuel volume for differing air and coolant temperatures.

Start by copying the charge temp table example out of the help file, that usually works pretty well for common road engines.  

I adjusted your fuel table (attached below) to be a bit closer to what I would expect.  You can use the "import from file" function to bring this in.  

Fuel Table 1.lte

On 9/13/2022 at 4:52 PM, Vaughan said:

Only thing I spotted is that you're using Modelled mode but your Fuel table (Volumetric efficiency) values look more like a traditional fuel table, would expect more like 60 or 70% at idle and up around 100% at peak torque, @Adamw might be able to give you a good example.

You will also need to tune your charge temp table and you shouldn't need IAT Fuel Trim table or warmup enrichment table (i.e. set them to 0) because the charge temp table covers differing fuel volume for differing air and coolant temperatures.

Hey - yeah I personally noticed this as well but this is as the tuner calibrated it. 

We're adding a turbo in the near future so I will just leave it and let the new engineer recalibrate. 

There's quite a few things I dislike about this calibration unfortunately. Ex - i'm using 1000cc injectors.. Did you happen to notice what it's scaled for in the calibration?

Sigh

On 9/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, Adamw said:

Start by copying the charge temp table example out of the help file, that usually works pretty well for common road engines.  

I adjusted your fuel table (attached below) to be a bit closer to what I would expect.  You can use the "import from file" function to bring this in.  

Fuel Table 1.lte 4.51 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you!

I've done this.

I noticed that the G4X has a Fuel temperature menu with an error value. I think this would be something cool to alert on. I currently get fuel temperate through the Ethanol Content Sensor - this is on DI5. I noticed in the drop down that no DI is selectable as a source for fuel temp. Do you have any recommendation for how best to add this in?

Here is the cal with the fuel table you sent improted. At least I believe it has been properly imported.

daniel_xtremex_new-1-updatedfuel.pclx

If you're going to be retuning on the X platform anyway - why not fix the model values like engine displacement (2GRFE is 3456 cc - not 3500 for example), and injector flow/dead time/short pulse width adder?  Are you running an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?  Have you measured the actual fuel pressure with a gauge (or better yet install a FP sensor for the ecu to use)?  Using a larger injector than what the ECU *thinks* is there should artificially make the values in the fuel table lower as a given pulse width should deliver more fuel than calculated in the model.  

Your last file did not import the fuel table @adamw posted.  Right click on the fuel table 1 somewhere ->  import/export -> import from file.

I believe the Fuel temperature is in there - just not really accessible on the input side (analog or digital) once you have the ethanol sensor input.  So you should be able to use it as a parameter to set up some type of check engine light or fault code alert and see it in datalogs/runtime values.

If you post exactly what injectors you have I'm sure I or someone on here should have good injector data for them to share.

2 hours ago, koracing said:

If you're going to be retuning on the X platform anyway - why not fix the model values like engine displacement (2GRFE is 3456 cc - not 3500 for example), and injector flow/dead time/short pulse width adder?  Are you running an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?  Have you measured the actual fuel pressure with a gauge (or better yet install a FP sensor for the ecu to use)?  Using a larger injector than what the ECU *thinks* is there should artificially make the values in the fuel table lower as a given pulse width should deliver more fuel than calculated in the model.  

Your last file did not import the fuel table @adamw posted.  Right click on the fuel table 1 somewhere ->  import/export -> import from file.

I believe the Fuel temperature is in there - just not really accessible on the input side (analog or digital) once you have the ethanol sensor input.  So you should be able to use it as a parameter to set up some type of check engine light or fault code alert and see it in datalogs/runtime values.

If you post exactly what injectors you have I'm sure I or someone on here should have good injector data for them to share.

Hey thanks for that. I have the link 1000ccs actually. 

I had the correct values in on the startup map i built on the + but the gent that tuned my car changed them. Big mess. very unhappy about it. 

I'll re-try the import - thanks. I was wondering what was up with that. I did do as your said though. Weird.

My goal with the X at this point is just to get the car started and running on it prior to adding all the turbo bits.I'm also adding a DCT trans which the + doesnt mesh with well. With the amount of changes I'm having to do in swapping to the X from the + , I don't really want to rely on this map as a " tuned " map.  Id like to be able to put around a bit on low low load and make sure everything is good there, then I'll add and hand off to the new tuner to calibrate for the turbo. 

Would fixing those details cause any issues/drastically change the map such that it could not be relied on? Sorry this is not really my area of expertise unfortunately.

Also I do have a fuel pressure gauge yes. It's wired in the ECU thankfully.

Your fuel temp is most likely incorrect because the DI is set to falling edge, most flex sensors use the rising edge. 

I have attached the deadtime and SPWA tables for the 1000cc Link injectors. You will need to set the deattime table to 3d before this will import (it is not a 3d table but you need to set to 3d so the breakpoints match.   

Flowrate should be set to 892.1cc @ 300Kpa.  

INJ Deadtimes 0280158040.lte Short Pulse Width Adder 0280158040.lte

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your fuel temp is most likely incorrect because the DI is set to falling edge, most flex sensors use the rising edge. 

I have attached the deadtime and SPWA tables for the 1000cc Link injectors. You will need to set the deattime table to 3d before this will import (it is not a 3d table but you need to set to 3d so the breakpoints match.   

Flowrate should be set to 892.1cc @ 300Kpa.  

INJ Deadtimes 0280158040.lte 346 B · 0 downloads Short Pulse Width Adder 0280158040.lte 743 B · 0 downloads

Interesting I will check that out. Thanks Adam.

As for adding in the INJ deadtime and SPWA tables, how will this affect the calibration as it stands? In my ignorance I would image that the entire fuel table would be thrown off, no?

Appreciate you guys much here.

Now t hat I have the X there's a ton of things we can do - including traction control.

In doing traction control, we will also be adding the self contained 4 channel ABS from the MK3 spyder. For this, the wheel speed INPUTS go into the ABS unit and the ABS unit seems to have 4 outputs for each wheel.

For the ABS, am I able to use these ABS outputs to be the wheel speed inputs into the ECU?

On 9/24/2022 at 5:13 AM, Adamw said:

Yep that should be fine, thats what those outputs are for.   

Thank you!

5 hours ago, BikeMurgunder said:

Quick FYI for 2GR people. The heads are labeled on the trans side of the heads. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dnk_21ueZ6vJwvT8H0GF2TT8-0Yx8YHd/view?usp=drivesdk

Solid note.

• 4 months later...

Revisting this as we're just about ready to tune.. I've come to an issue where we're not quite sure why we can't get the car to start.

Timing is synced
Trigger scope seems fine.
I haven't modified the wiring.

Here's some logs, the tune and the scope. I'll also attach the old tune.

I can plug in the g4+ right now and she'll fire right up but with the g4X here I'm running into tons of issues.

@Vaughan perhaps if you wouldn't mind... Maybe this is an easy figure out for you./

I will note that i've about run out of time to visit the car again before we hit the dyno so any troubleshooting that needs to be done I'll be paying labor on.. I'm hoping we're close but I'm abit past my experience level now.

TriggerScopeLog11823.llgx daniel_current.pclx final_ghostcam.pclr

log file was too large. ive attached it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ADf0rEK-TUMBdKKWilULM4C3502enPo/view?usp=sharing

A couple of extra things I noticed:

1. IAT is faulted and reading -40°C
  2. APS sub wiring or sensor is flaky and signal disappears regularly.
  3. Throttle action looks a bit weird - was it actually your foot commanding WOT everytime you crank or a wiring issue?  

@Adamw

1. Intercooler is actually not connected during this bit of testing so this makes sense

2. Odd. I just did a calibration. The APS is run through an HTG GCU ( it intercepts ) to perform throttle blips and such on downshifts

3. Actually not,no. I had not touched the throttle pedal at all during this.

-40deg C charge temp is adding about a further 25% fuel enrichment.  If the sensor is not connected you should set your error value to something more realistic.  

I just looked closer at your APS issue, if that is coming from the HTG you have something set up very wrong there, ANV 10 & 11 only step between 2 voltages, either both 0 or straight the WOT voltage.  APS sub is calibrated with the open voltage at 0.45V and the closed voltage at 0.45V so thats why it is randomly dancing around.