s2000 g4x can wiring AEM 30-0310 inline x wideband

Mikel58

ECU: linkecu g4x s2000

I have the linkecu can gauge in one can port and I'm going to wire the aem x inline wideband using the other can port. My first question is can I use a CANTEE 101-021 and use one can port? I'm not sure if it works with canjst4. 

My second question is should I only wire the AEM net can low/high wires to the Link can circuit and run the power from my fuse box and ground to the chassis? Or just wire can low/high and the ground and power to the can connector?

The wideband will pull around 2A so it depends on how good your power to the ecu is.  It would be safer to run it off of a separate relay you trigger with power and ground from the CAN JST4.  The CANTEE should work just fine with the CANJST4.  The problem you will have is the AEM uses 500kb/s communication rate and the CAN Gauge uses 1Mbit/s.  I don't think there's a way to change the CAN Gauge or AEM wideband communication speeds.  All devices on a given bus need to be at the same speed.

11 hours ago, koracing said:

The problem you will have is the AEM uses 500kb/s communication rate and the CAN Gauge uses 1Mbit/s.  I don't think there's a way to change the CAN Gauge or AEM wideband communication speeds.

I hope it does, I'm about to mount a link can gauge in my fathers car which already have a AEM X series on the can bus.

16 hours ago, Mikel58 said:

I have the linkecu can gauge in one can port and I'm going to wire the aem x inline wideband using the other can port. My first question is can I use a CANTEE 101-021 and use one can port? I'm not sure if it works with canjst4. 

My second question is should I only wire the AEM net can low/high wires to the Link can circuit and run the power from my fuse box and ground to the chassis? Or just wire can low/high and the ground and power to the can connector?

You can use the CANTEE and CANJST for both power and CAN.  Just be aware AEM use a different pinout in their 4pin DTM connector if your wideband came prefitted with a DTM4 on it.  

The CAN port power supply for the ecu's with the 4 pin JST such as the S2000 is rated at 3A continuous and is protected with self-resetting fuses. It will power most widebands no worries. 

The AEM bitrate is fixed at 500K.  The Link CAN gauge can be set to 500K though so they can run on the same bus.  There is one gotcha at the moment - the bitrate setting is only available in the Android gaugeart app, last I heard it wasn't in the iPhone app yet.   So you will need an Android to do the initial gauge setup.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

You can use the CANTEE and CANJST for both power and CAN.  Just be aware AEM use a different pinout in their 4pin DTM connector if your wideband came prefitted with a DTM4 on it.  

The CAN port power supply for the ecu's with the 4 pin JST such as the S2000 is rated at 3A continuous and is protected with self-resetting fuses. It will power most widebands no worries. 

The AEM bitrate is fixed at 500K.  The Link CAN gauge can be set to 500K though so they can run on the same bus.  There is one gotcha at the moment - the bitrate setting is only available in the Android gaugeart app, last I heard it wasn't in the iPhone app yet.   So you will need an Android to do the initial gauge setup.  

I have an android phone so no worries there. I'll pin a jst4 plug for the wideband. Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the respones guys 

I wired the wideband up and my tuner sent a base map with the aem inline wideband set up already. I'm getting a constant reading of like 13.9 which isn't right. Could it be that the can wires are too long or because they may not be twisted in the loom?

• 10 months later...
On 4/19/2023 at 3:50 AM, Adamw said:

Digging up an old thread - has this been updated yet for apple phone users?

Emailed GaugeArt and they confirmed that if you use the "Link 500k" setting when programming the gauge it will convert it to 500k on the iphone app.  Using the plain "Link" option setting will be 1Mbps.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:50 AM, Adamw said:

Thanks for this info! Can you confirm that with my S2000X Link plug and play I can plug the Link CAN lambda directly into a CAN port and power it from ECU without issues?