G4 plus PnP GTR34 hks v cam

CHESTER

Ok downgraded the firmware to 5.22 

target map is there 

new problem is I can t get target map to work , I put angles in the map ,but I can't see it show up in the tunning screen and solenoids dc not moving ,

but I test the solenoids is working 

• 3 years later...

Would like to bring this up again as im working on 1 with the VCam 1 installed.  Dyno tunning will be get done by a Pro but i would like to get all basic setup done.  Just wondering the Vcam. Should be mechanically restricted which i should no where happen to blend anything fm starting up the engine.  Isnt it?  Im not going to touch the duty but just need the engine started and config those  minor things.  Tks

Yeap.. i was wonder there will be more information for HOW too.

As above mentioned AUX and DI for the solenoid and cam angle sensor.  There are also things about set for duty,  target map.  The tunner who will work with me would know how.  Im just install everything and learn fm him for how the other step to get this done.  

For anyone else looking for HKS VCam info - yes the G4+ can run this ok.  Connect the cam position sensor to any DI 1-4, set as VVT cam position, LH Inlet.  Connect the solenoid to any Aux 1-4, set as VVT solenoid LH Inlet, frequency 250Hz.

Set VVT mode to Toyota 1JZ.  Do a cam angle test (explained in help file) to get the correct offset for the digital input.  VVT PID needs to be set to custom with P=5.0, I= 0.04, D=20.

Hi Adam,

I have another question.  Since i could only  Use Aux 1 to 4. But fm 1 to 8 are all occupied except AUX5 which no pin# shown in manual.  Is there any hidden aux output there i can use?

I will need to move out both AC in and out to have room for aux 3 and Di4 for the vcam.

Thus,  they both need to assign to another aux/Di. Di4 seems to be ok to di9 fm expansion 2

Expansion 2 aux11 for the AC out??? 

Many people with performance GTR's dont use the fuel pump speed controller so that means aux 1 and 2 are available.  But if you want to keep the fuel pump controller then my suggestion would be to move the AC clutch and AC request wires to aux 11 and D9 on the expansion connector so that frees up Aux 3 and DI4 for the VCam.

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2019 at 3:23 AM, Adamw said:

For anyone else looking for HKS VCam info - yes the G4+ can run this ok.  Connect the cam position sensor to any DI 1-4, set as VVT cam position, LH Inlet.  Connect the solenoid to any Aux 1-4, set as VVT solenoid LH Inlet, frequency 250Hz.

Set VVT mode to Toyota 1JZ.  Do a cam angle test (explained in help file) to get the correct offset for the digital input.  VVT PID needs to be set to custom with P=5.0, I= 0.04, D=20.

If i set it up like that is there any chance that the Cam will damage the engine? Valves hitting piston? I know that that V-Cam controller has a function to avoid that, but how about the Link?

And....when talking about Inlet /LH, Inlet LH, we are talking about that one without the /, right?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Icemania said:

And....when talking about Inlet /LH, Inlet LH, we are talking about that one without the /, right?

The LH/RH inlet terminology is used for two bank engines such as V8/V6 where you inlet camshafts on both sides of the engine.  If your engine has only one inlet camshaft then the convention is to use LH Inlet.

7 hours ago, Icemania said:

If i set it up like that is there any chance that the Cam will damage the engine? Valves hitting piston? I know that that V-Cam controller has a function to avoid that, but how about the Link?

There is no way the ecu can know piston to valve clearance at different cam angles - even the genuine V-cam controller.  This is something the engine builder must determine during the engine build.  Even a minor difference such as a different thickness head gasket or deck skim will effect how much PTV clearance you have.

• 7 months later...

The solenoid is not polarity sensative, there is no positive/negative.  One pin connects to the ECU aux, the other pin goes to an ignition switched +12V source.

For the position sensor this is polarity sensitive, the +ve connects to the DI and the -ve to sensor ground.  

• 8 months later...