Base SUbaru V7 ej207 ignition table safety

Warchild

I would treat these "base" maps as nothing more than a basis that will allow you to start the car, get it up to temperature to check for leaks etc, and to drive it on/off a trailer so you can get it to a tuner.

IMO, they really should rename all references to these as "start-up" maps (or something similar) :)

• 1 month later...

Im not sure how relevant this is, but here is the ignition table from our V11 JDM STI test car.  EJ207, quad VVT.  Dead stock, 98octane RON pump gas.  Most of the cells that it runs in are steady state tuned and it doesnt take much more timing than this, its a couple of degress away from knock when IAT creeps up.  It runs 240kpa boost up to about 5500 then tapers away to 220kpa at the top end due to running out of injector.  

All of the parts that are meant to be inside the engine have managed to stay inside so far.  

yyWUQI9.png

On 4/8/2021 at 11:01 AM, Manfred said:

Did you use the basemap for your tune as a starting point? If yes, how safe would you say the basemap is? I'm about to tune my EJ207 soon on the road and I'm just curious... 

Base map is not very safe, too much timing, attached a safe timing map fro you

ej207 safe timing map.jpg

On 4/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Adamw said:

Im not sure how relevant this is, but here is the ignition table from our V11 JDM STI test car.  EJ207, quad VVT.  Dead stock, 98octane RON pump gas.  Most of the cells that it runs in are steady state tuned and it doesnt take much more timing than this, its a couple of degress away from knock when IAT creeps up.  It runs 240kpa boost up to about 5500 then tapers away to 220kpa at the top end due to running out of injector.  

All of the parts that are meant to be inside the engine have managed to stay inside so far.  

yyWUQI9.png

Thanks for sharing this Adam.

Out of curiosity, why is the V11 STi timing map above only tuned for boost? Does this essentially mean in vacuum it runs the timing in the 0kpa line, or are there two maps (one boost, one vacuum)?

Or am I reading this wrong, and because they're using MAP as the Y axis, you need to adjust for atmospheric (14.5psi) to get comparable MGP map?