G5

Rozsko

Are there any plans to release a line of G5 Plugin ECU's?

Toying with the idea of upgrading from a G4+ to a G4X ECU, but would hate to miss out on G5 added capability if a new G5 release line isn't too far around the corner

Thanks

A G5 plug-in board is in development but its main intent, at least initially, will be for any future GDI plug-in applications.  All the existing plug-in ECU's will remain as G4X for the foreseeable future.  G4X and G5 use very similar firmware so G4X will continue to be developed and G4X will continue to get most new software functionality that the G5 gets, with the exception of GDI stuff and possibly a couple of others related to hardware such as GPS. 

On 3/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, Adamw said:

A G5 plug-in board is in development but its main intent, at least initially, will be for any future GDI plug-in applications.  All the existing plug-in ECU's will remain as G4X for the foreseeable future.  G4X and G5 use very similar firmware so G4X will continue to be developed and G4X will continue to get most new software functionality that the G5 gets, with the exception of GDI stuff and possibly a couple of others related to hardware such as GPS. 

What are the new features being added to G5?
Can they be announced yet?

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

I see there is a new version of PCLink supporting G5 and the G5 product page is also updated with some details.

I assume that means the new ECU is ready for sale, but with a quick google search I could not find it yet advertised.

When is it going to be available for real?

Thanks,

Béla

Few local dealers are advertising it and listed as in stock..

EKZ in Australia have it and listed @ $5150au

To be honest, it's a tough sell. People will still upgrade I'm sure, it's a easy upgrade if you are already on G4X an want extra IO or some features.

However, there is plenty of competition in the arena. 

I wish it had Gearbox control, even CAN based minimum and support gearboxes like DCT/8HP over CAN to the factory TCU. Don't expect it to have 6+ h-bridges to drive them directly. But supporting 3-4 speed autos directly would have been nice too.

On 9/4/2023 at 6:40 PM, Rozsko said:

Hey Guys,

I see there is a new version of PCLink supporting G5 and the G5 product page is also updated with some details.

I assume that means the new ECU is ready for sale, but with a quick google search I could not find it yet advertised.

When is it going to be available for real?

Thanks,

Béla

Link G5 Voodoo Pro | 152-5000 (possumbournemotorsport.com) already in stock

32 minutes ago, wastegate said:

I wish it had Gearbox control, even CAN based minimum and support gearboxes like DCT/8HP over CAN to the factory TCU

If you've got any info on how those factory CAN buses are setup pass it through and I can have a look at it.

36 minutes ago, wastegate said:

But supporting 3-4 speed autos directly would have been nice too.

I've had an A340F (surf/4runner trans) working (and the 1Kz engine bolted to it) but I keep getting distracted by other things and so haven't finished that feature. I have some info on the Nissan RB and transverse 90s toyota auto Transmissions too but haven't looked any further into the 4Lx0e transmissions than looking at an ECU pinout of a 3.8l Holden Commodore.

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

If you've got any info on how those factory CAN buses are setup pass it through and I can have a look at it.

I'll beg, bother and nag to see if I can get that full CAN messaging framework if you guys can add that in. It would be wonderful as only a couple of ECUs support DCT/8HP mechatronics CAN at the moment, Motec and MaxxECU (DCT only atm). Other solutions include using something like CANTCU to act as a bridge tween the ECU and TCU. 

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

I've had an A340F (surf/4runner trans) working (and the 1Kz engine bolted to it) but I keep getting distracted by other things and so haven't finished that feature. I have some info on the Nissan RB and transverse 90s toyota auto Transmissions too but haven't looked any further into the 4Lx0e transmissions than looking at an ECU pinout of a 3.8l Holden Commodore.

Man if you guys can even get the Toyota's gearbox working like the A340 range, that would be a huge selling point. I personally know quite a few Toyota nuts that went straight to Haltech only because it can control the A340 as well. No need for a external TCU like a Compushift Sport 3 like I'm using at the moment.