Injector Duty Cycle above Error High Value

L67Hulk

Hi team,

I'm attempting to do some round tuning and would appreciate if someone could have a look at a log file. i think i have maxed out my injectors but just want to make sure its not something in my settings before i look at larger injectors, I'm also experiencing fuel cut at around 4500rpm 

PC Datalog - 2023-10-8 4;09;53 pm.zip

Hi.

IDC hits about 92%.. so yes, you are running out of injectors.. all this considered that your TPS only goes up to 68%... 

You are also running 10.7 AFR.. while targetting 12.3... ?

Getting within your AFR target might keep you below ~90% IDC. 

As for the cut at 4900.. trigger issues ? since you have about 28 of trigger errors... 

Last not least.. no knock control ?

Remski

The knock control doesnt have any cylinder tables assigned.  There is a trigger error but not too many clues as to the reason.  I would start by doing a trigger scope at about 4000rpm to see if that shows any issues.  If nothing is obvious in the scope, then since the error occurs at max boost around peak torque I would say it is likely related to noise from the ignition system getting in somewhere.  

RX55A5i.png

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The knock control doesnt have any cylinder tables assigned.  There is a trigger error but not too many clues as to the reason.  I would start by doing a trigger scope at about 4000rpm to see if that shows any issues.  If nothing is obvious in the scope, then since the error occurs at max boost around peak torque I would say it is likely related to noise from the ignition system getting in somewhere.  

RX55A5i.png

@Adamwshould i assign all cylinders to the same trim table?

For global changes, yes. It’ll trim all cylinder equally. Assigning cyl1 to table 1, 2 to 2, etc, will allow you to trim cylinders individually. It’s also helpful to assign fuel trim tables the same, sometimes you can quell a bit of knock with a percent or two more fuel on that particular cylinder.  

Start with knock setup Gain Channel on 1 instead of 10.  Ideally you want to see it hovering at around 200 or so free revving at a few thousand rpm.  Normally until you are getting reasonable readings I would not have it retarding timing at all until you get it reading reasonable values where you can create a threshold table based on the readings.  Currently it's pulling 10degrees any time the knock signal is above zero (your threshold table is all zeros).

7 hours ago, koracing said:

Start with knock setup Gain Channel on 1 instead of 10.  Ideally you want to see it hovering at around 200 or so free revving at a few thousand rpm.  Normally until you are getting reasonable readings I would not have it retarding timing at all until you get it reading reasonable values where you can create a threshold table based on the readings.  Currently it's pulling 10degrees any time the knock signal is above zero (your threshold table is all zeros).

thanks for that @koracing, I know the threshold needs to be configured to suit each engine but what would be a good start point for the table as apposed to a zero value

4 hours ago, L67Hulk said:

thanks for that @koracing, I know the threshold needs to be configured to suit each engine but what would be a good start point for the table as apposed to a zero value

@koracing himself taught me (I think) to slowly rev the engine in neutral, so no load. Do this to the limiter while logging, and it should show the values increase with RPMs. Set your threshold slightly above this, so it also hopefully doesn't trigger under full load. I sort of used this to gauge if there is any abnormal wear with the engine after initial tuning.

The proper way involves det cans and a lot of dyno time, as far as I know, but the above method is a bit easier.