PC Link and Firmware 6.20 released

Adamw

10 hours ago, gorto88 said:

When installing updated PCLink software, do you generally just copy paste your calibrations, layouts, etc to the new install and uninstall old version?

Only files with the default/same names will be overwritten.  

So, the main one to consider is if you do your own customised layout, just make sure you have given it its own name - it can stay in the normal layouts folder and wont be overwritten.  Typically tuned ecu maps and logs etc would already have their own unique names so you dont need to do anything special there. 

7 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Only files with the default/same names will be overwritten.  

So, the main one to consider is if you do your own customised layout, just make sure you have given it its own name - it can stay in the normal layouts folder and wont be overwritten.  Typically tuned ecu maps and logs etc would already have their own unique names so you dont need to do anything special there. 

Nothing seems to be overwritten? It's like I now have both installed separately.image.png.8e8e6ace2878e844820bffbd4109c2d1.png

8 minutes ago, gorto88 said:

Nothing seems to be overwritten? It's like I now have both installed separately.

Yes but you have done that by by manually typing in a new directory name in the installer so the new version gets installed in a completely different directory.  Most users would install any new version in the same default G4X directory everytime.

This means you will now have two "base maps" folders, two log folders, two layout folders, etc, and you will have to set up any preferences/PC Link settings (ie which layout to use, themes, where you want to save maps etc) everytime.

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

Yes but you have done that by by manually typing in a new directory name in the installer so the new version gets installed in a completely different directory.  Most users would install any new version in the same default G4X directory everytime.

This means you will now have two "base maps" folders, two log folders, two layout folders, etc, and you will have to set up any preferences/PC Link settings (ie which layout to use, themes, where you want to save maps etc) everytime.

Ah yep, of course. Thanks. I remember now, I was away from the car and wanted to confirm the software and firmware update didn't cause any issues so saved under new name initially. Hadn't performed an update before so wasn't 100% sure how it all worked.

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 3:33 AM, Julien said:

Hi guys, any idea when the next version will be released ?

Not too far away, we still have a fair bit of testing to finish.  Is there something specific you are waiting for?  I can possibly get you a beta version if it is important.

On 4/12/2023 at 6:12 AM, Adamw said:

Not too far away, we still have a fair bit of testing to finish.  Is there something specific you are waiting for?  I can possibly get you a beta version if it is important.

Hey @Adamw

Will there be additional table allocation & math channels available in any of the upcoming releases?

Also I may have found a bug with "Fuel Table Ratio Table" and scaling MGP. It works successfully with other parameters like MAP / Mass Air Flow etc, but when I use MGP it doesn't hold the "Store" and defaults to a single value on the x-axis. 

Thanks!

On 4/15/2023 at 5:40 AM, Oprah_152 said:

Will there be additional table allocation & math channels available in any of the upcoming releases?

longer math channels but no additional and no additional table allocations as of yet.

On 4/15/2023 at 5:40 AM, Oprah_152 said:

Also I may have found a bug with "Fuel Table Ratio Table" and scaling MGP. It works successfully with other parameters like MAP / Mass Air Flow etc, but when I use MGP it doesn't hold the "Store" and defaults to a single value on the x-axis. 

Is your single value negative, does it always force a second cell with a 0 value? can you take a screenshot of what it is doing?

Which specific item talked about in the "CLL - minimum lockout parameters" thread are you asking about.

Haven't done anything on deceleration de-enrichment but I believe the wall wetting functionality does do some form of this.

As specified in the thread there will be a lockout setting that disables the LTT table updating and runtime value from being applied.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Which specific item talked about in the "CLL - minimum lockout parameters" thread are you asking about.

I think absolute values for the transient lockouts would be very helpful. Seperate minimum lockouts would be even better.

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Either the TPS/MAP delta being absolute or separate minimum lockouts for negative transient events would be nice to force CLL to enter a reactivation delay.

Haven't done anything on deceleration de-enrichment but I believe the wall wetting functionality does do some form of this.

If it's covered by the wall wetting function then that's great. In that case, could we get some more info about wall wetting on the help file? How Link uses it and what it looks like once properly tuned?

As specified in the thread there will be a lockout setting that disables the LTT table updating and runtime value from being applied.

Awesome! If you need more testers I would be glad to help.

34 minutes ago, castillaricardo said:

If it's covered by the wall wetting function then that's great. In that case, could we get some more info about wall wetting on the help file? How Link uses it and what it looks like once properly tuned?

Yeah some more info on Wall Wetting would be amazing.

And what a "normal" value might look like, including what symptoms of too high or too low of a setting presents as.

Wall wetting compensation only applies to acceleration where the fuel to be injected is higher than previous injection cycle.
There's no 'normal' value as it fairly depends on the engine intake manifold/valve/combustion chamber design.

You'd have to experiment on that, but according to articles I have read, X*Tau enrichment ([fuel pooling/puddling & wall wetting total] * Time) would be around 32% more fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/16/2023 at 5:09 PM, Vaughan said:

longer math channels but no additional and no additional table allocations as of yet.

Is your single value negative, does it always force a second cell with a 0 value? can you take a screenshot of what it is doing?

Hey @Vaughan sorry for the delay in providing this, I had some difficulty uploading last time I tried lol.

1)      Before any Changes (Original State)

FuelTableRatio-Picture01.jpg.9dcbe228ce93cf469a3bd157552b9d6e.jpg

2)      New Axis Setup

FuelTableRatio-Picture02.jpg.4c1644c7c5373c2258b213341b23aa0e.jpg

3)      New Axis Applied

FuelTableRatio-Picture03.jpg.5e5d4517df35a0f4cdafec131780ffc7.jpg

4)      After ECU Store.

FuelTableRatio-Picture04.jpg.eab3e185c1788714b3bb594ca3e78d76.jpg

5)      Key Cycled & PCLink Reloaded

FuelTableRatio-Picture05.jpg.14d71354d3e43dae7b59f01749114843.jpg

6)      Axis Setup after Key Cycled

FuelTableRatio-Picture06.jpg.a09ade9987ceaa00d1002a0fd9b0ffe7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Evening

I'm struggling to find working drivers for an S15+ Link, tried on 4 different laptops with the same result, Win 7 through to Win 11 Dev, and it seems none of the supplied drivers will take.

I have no clue on what firmware is on the S15+ Link, but it appears in Device Manager, but has the Yellow Triangle and no assigned driver. Supplied drivers (x86/x64) install apparently, but are defunct.

Kind Regards

14 hours ago, ILLVIA said:

Evening

I'm struggling to find working drivers for an S15+ Link, tried on 4 different laptops with the same result, Win 7 through to Win 11 Dev, and it seems none of the supplied drivers will take.

I have no clue on what firmware is on the S15+ Link, but it appears in Device Manager, but has the Yellow Triangle and no assigned driver. Supplied drivers (x86/x64) install apparently, but are defunct.

Kind Regards

Can you take a picture of the ECU inside the case and a screenshot of what it looks like in device manager please

2 hours ago, RyanH said:

Hi, We have just connected an s15 g4x plugin to a Gtir Pulsar, having issues with connection to the ECU and performing update, any ideas?

Failure like this is usually due to a power supply issue, most likely the main power supply is missing so the ecu is only powered up from a very low current back feed through an aux output.  

The first thing to check is that the connector is fully seated, with the Nissan ecc's I have seen quite a few instances where the bolt in the middle was done up but the connector was just bent and not actually seated at the outside ends.