Next firmware release

Rozsko

On 9/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, Adamw said:

In the next week or two at a guess.  We have been in strict level 4 lockdown in NZ for the last 4 weeks so that slowed us down a bit.  But it is ready and mostly tested I think.    

Sorry to hear the lockdown. I've been through that (just like many others), I know it is though.

Glad to hear the timing though. Thanks.

hope you guys are alright in NZ. 

just wondering if there's a plan for a lockout setting for "wall wetting compensation" in the next release?  

i've been doing some experiments, it seems to help smooth out the accel fuel quite a bit, but start up is always unpredictable.  it sometimes adds too much fuel and makes start up difficult or even foul the plugs. i had an old thread about this a while ago. by taking out fuel from cold start doesn't help, as the fuel added by wall wetting is unpredictable, it doesn't always add fuel.

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I dont think there is any plan to lock it out, as part of its job is crank enrichment.  It should be predictable, but I havent really used it.  Whats your wall wetting comp set to?

only 5%. i've tried lowering crank enrichment and it doesn't change much. sometimes it starts perfectly fine, sometimes it takes a few extra cranks and barely starts with a lot of fuel. 

since this setting is a way to compensate accel fuel, maybe it deserves its own lock out? 

Its purpose is to compensate for the change in the amount of fuel stuck to the port wall and the back of the valve when the load or airflow changes, not specifically accel enrichment - although accel enrichment is to compensate for some of the same effects.  Accel enrichment doesnt take care of the dry port after a fuel cut for example. 

The port wall is dry when you first crank it so a significant volume of the fuel you inject when cranking is lost, this is why I would assume it is appropriate to have it active during cranking - it is one of the few scenarios where you do actually have a completely dry port.  

You guys really need to test wallwetting internally during startup or provide a lockout for it.

I gave up trying to use it as it made every car I tried it have inconsistent start up issues regardless of what I did with cold start settings. Once the engine is running it works lovely, would be great if this could happen before next release as there was a big thread on this already.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

Its purpose is to compensate for the change in the amount of fuel stuck to the port wall and the back of the valve when the load or airflow changes, not specifically accel enrichment - although accel enrichment is to compensate for some of the same effects.  Accel enrichment doesnt take care of the dry port after a fuel cut for example. 

The port wall is dry when you first crank it so a significant volume of the fuel you inject when cranking is lost, this is why I would assume it is appropriate to have it active during cranking - it is one of the few scenarios where you do actually have a completely dry port.  

Yea this explains why hot start is more problematic. Port is already wet and it dumps more fuel.  For example a quick stop at gas station or Starbucks. 9 out of 10 times it wouldn’t start properly. 

I have done some testing with the wall wetting compensation during start up today, I think we found the cause of your problem.    It appears to work correctly if the first crank prime is set to 0, but if it is set to a non-zero value there is a calculation error which can result in the first injector pulse being much longer than it should be.  So there should be a fix for this in the next release.  I dont think a start up lock out is needed or wanted if this error didnt occur.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have done some testing with the wall wetting compensation during start up today, I think we found the cause of your problem.    It appears to work correctly if the first crank prime is set to 0, but if it is set to a non-zero value there is a calculation error which can result in the first injector pulse being much longer than it should be.  So there should be a fix for this in the next release.  I dont think a start up lock out is needed or wanted if this error didnt occur.

Perfect!! in this case a lockout is not needed, as long as it calculates start up fuel properly.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Rozsko said:

After upgrading PCLink and connecting to ECU, this is the error message that came: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThOcc9JetBYGfE4wwpw

Don't think it is a big deal, still could upgrade the firmware (though the not responding message still came) and after that the error was gone.

That error is my bad, I removed an unused setting so when opening your older firmware with your newer PCLink there was a setting it didn't know about, we do have a method of preventing errors like this showing but it looks like I didn't use that for this one.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:18 AM, Adamw said:

Weve got a couple of fairly significant motorsport functions added in the next release and these still need more track testing before public release.  May still be a month away yet.  

Hey Adam,

Any good news on this?

Thanks