PC Link and Firmware 6.20 released

Adamw

6 hours ago, RyanH said:

Hi, We have just connected an s15 g4x plugin to a Gtir Pulsar, having issues with connection to the ECU and performing update, any ideas?

Cheers Ryan

PXL_20230618_234723877.jpg

PXL_20230618_234746610.MP.jpg

Try to put charger on your battery and charge battery during update process, this helped me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 3:37 AM, RyanH said:

Привет, мы только что подключили плагин s15 g4x к Gtir Pulsar, возникли проблемы с подключением к ECU и выполнением обновления, есть идеи?

Ура Райан

PXL_20230618_234723877.jpg

PXL_20230618_234746610.MP.jpg

There are ideas) I have already reflashed several g4x and every time I ran into your problem. They wrote to me that I need to connect directly to the battery, etc. Forget) Just push in a circle until it is updated, it may be 5 successful attempts for me, or maybe 25. So just push. Usually this figure is up to 30

Some write that one thing helped them, others another. In my opinion, nothing unites these cases except that "the stars in the sky are in the right phase," but the update worked for people at that moment and they associate it with their actions. Push with coffee breaks - it's work )

• 3 months later...

Updated link g4x Xtreme to latest firmware and using g5 software, then lost cylinder 3, appears to be an injector. ECU is wired in an Evo 4, stock harness. Checked all the usual, spark, fuel, injector etc, injector clicks during injector test. 

How can I roll back firmware?

17 minutes ago, wordword said:

Updated link g4x Xtreme to latest firmware and using g5 software, then lost cylinder 3, appears to be an injector. ECU is wired in an Evo 4, stock harness. Checked all the usual, spark, fuel, injector etc, injector clicks during injector test.

can you attach a copy of your tune saved from the G5 software please.

17 minutes ago, wordword said:

How can I roll back firmware?

go back to G4X PCLink and select ECU Controls -> Update Firmware

17 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Loaded that tune into a spare G4X Xtreme and ran it on a sim and all the injector pulses appear to be working, is it something you can replicate?

Happens every time I run the car. I have no idea what's the issue because the injector clicks with I do an injector test. So I did not bother checking the wiring. Aside from switching everything around I even applied a pulse from an external injector tester and the cylinder would come to life.

2 minutes ago, wordword said:

Happens every time I run the car. I have no idea what's the issue because the injector clicks with I do an injector test. So I did not bother checking the wiring. Aside from switching everything around I even applied a pulse from an external injector tester and the cylinder would come to life.

Can you try loading the basemap you saved back into the ECU to see if that fixes it?

downloaded new update software etc. tried multiple times to upgrade but same error. green bar sometimes makes it further across than other times. have battery charger connected to battery. power to ecu at 12.25v. tried legacy downgrading, no luck same issue. tried changing com port to 50 and was worse. no other com ports are in use. any other ideas?

4 minutes ago, smallthecat said:

downloaded new update software etc. tried multiple times to upgrade but same error. green bar sometimes makes it further across than other times. have battery charger connected to battery. power to ecu at 12.25v. tried legacy downgrading, no luck same issue. tried changing com port to 50 and was worse. no other com ports are in use. any other ideas?

events in device manager 

Device FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_7069+5&9bd1446&0&1\0000 requires further installation.

• 4 months later...

Anyone ran into an issue with logging on PC and sleep?

For example, start logging a cold start on the laptop, can see the log going ok. Then go for drive and laptop will sleep. Come back to it, save the log and the log is then nothing, accept the last few minutes/seconds since sleep restore? flatlines the entire history before sleep.

Log file attached

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z9y3YRpPRO35OI0Gswdli5HkysobPx1U/view?usp=sharing

Map in case it's needed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDkULkoVkVfWKjVtjBIxjRDHwBOi0-2n/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Confused said:

Don't let the laptop sleep.

Brilliant. Do you think this is normal and not worth mentioning and to just work around it? I don't care it doesn't log during sleep, what I care about is it looses all the data before it went to sleep and just flat-lines to entire log.

PC logging would require the PC to be alive and not asleep or more than likely you would lose any data once it goes into it's sleep mode and then wakes back up.  If you're logging with the internal logger on the ECU then sleeping on the laptop would be irrelevant.  

My tuning faptop has a 3-hour-no-sleep setting as long as the battery is over 15%. Screen is permitted to go off though. Despite the onboard logging, it's often faster to log to laptop for rapid analysis since there is no wait/download time. I have a special 'empty' screen in pclink which boosts the logging hz.

12 hours ago, essb00 said:

@atlex - The 'Hz' is the data refresh rate of the PCLink screen you're looking at only, it does not affect the logging Hz.

The Hz value in the top right corner of PCLink is related to communication speed with the ECU, a lower value will mean less values/resolution in your PC Log but won't affect the ECU log

On 3/17/2024 at 1:58 AM, essb00 said:

@atlex - The 'Hz' is the data refresh rate of the PCLink screen you're looking at only, it does not affect the logging Hz.

What Vaughn Said.  The PC log can log at a maximum of 40Hz, but will happliy log at lower frequency if your connection is slowed by having too much stuff up on your screen.  I also use a minimalist tab in my layout for PC logging on dyno to maintain at least 40Hz connection speed while logging.

On 3/18/2024 at 5:19 AM, Vaughan said:

The Hz value in the top right corner of PCLink is related to communication speed with the ECU, a lower value will mean less values/resolution in your PC Log but won't affect the ECU log

14 hours ago, koracing said:

What Vaughn Said.  The PC log can log at a maximum of 40Hz, but will happliy log at lower frequency if your connection is slowed by having too much stuff up on your screen.  I also use a minimalist tab in my layout for PC logging on dyno to maintain at least 40Hz connection speed while logging.

Ohh... I thought it is just the screen refresh rate that's affected by it... I thought PCLink would still log 40Hz (default/max) no matter what the display refresh rate is...